Chapter 9

Michael is still driving I think about more than one hour I don’t know what place we are on then he stopped near to a nipa hut. My eyes widen. We’re on the beach but I didn’t know this place it’s really beautiful only few people are here. Michael and I get down and start walking to the sand we reached to the end, he approach an old woman over there and she handed him a blanket, Michael run towards me then he place the blanket on the ground we sit together Michael place his hand around my waist and pull me closer to him.

“Lai?” Michael whispered then he places his head on my shoulders.

“Yeah?” I said.

“Can I take you on a date?”

“That would be lovely” I smiled.

“I wanna know you more and if there’s a chance I want to be yours” Michael said then looked at me. He gets closer we’re like an inch away he was gonna kiss me but then my phone rings. Wow great timing. I turn around and get my phone on my pocket and check who’s calling it’s my mom. I stand up and walk few steps away from Michael.

“Mom! Hi” I said quickly.

“Hey dear how are you, I miss you” She sound like she’s crying.

“I’m good, mom are you crying?”

“No, I’m tired and I have runny nose. It’s cold here”

“I see. Did you take your medicines?”

“Yes, where are you it’s like windy over there”

“Oh I’m at the beach with a friend.” I said I sound nervous again.

“Friend? You mean Bree?”

“No mom, I have few friends too you know.”

“Then who? Is it a boy?”

“Yes mom, I like him.”

“Who’s that boy? By the way is Marco home? He’s been recording at Phylls Studio.”

“No he’s not home yet.” I said I avoid her first question.

“and the boy is?” Mom sound so strict.

“Its Michael mom, please give me a chance I wanna know him more.”

“Alright you’re not young anymore but please no more shits and If I see you cry you’ll end it soon I don’t want you to get hurt, I’ll talk to Michael when I get there.” She said with a high voice even though she had a runny nose.

“Okay mom and just chill we’re just dating we’re not official yet.” I said. Then we exchange I love yous and goodbyes. I walk back to Michael he’s laying now his eyes are closed he’s beautiful I could stare at him all day like this. Then suddenly I had this urge, I wanna kiss me on the lips, well we’re gonnna kiss but mom called but I still did but I kissed him on his forehead, he hug me quickly he roll over now he’s on top of me he just stare at me and smiled he kiss me back on my forehead too and get up and sit beside me. I did the same thing and move closer to him.

“Who called you?” Michael asked.

“My mom, she missed me.”

“When she’ll be back?”

“After a week I’m not sure but I hope soon, I also told her we’re dating”

“So we are now dating?” He looked at me.

“Well if you wanted to call that way.” I laughed.

“Yeah, I like it that way.”

“Michael can I ask you something? Since you wanna know me more and I want the same thing too.” I said to him and move my position so now I’m facing him and he did it too.