Chapter 16

Michael and I stared at each other for more than 5 seconds.

"What are you Michael? Please tell me this is serious your totally scaring me.." I said.

"I'm not that person you think I am.." He said.

"I'm confuse Mike.. Big time!" I yelled.

"Lai, listen I'm not rich I'm just one ordinary guy.."

What did Michael just said? So this means he wasn't really attending Stanford Academy and how about his Black Ducati? Did he stole it? What the hell is just happening?

"What do you mean? So all of this are lies? So who are you really? What are you Michael? What are you!" I yelled again.

I'm not mad at him or something, I don't care if he wasn't rich i'm not either. It's just the way he talked to me right now really scared the shit out of me.. what if he killed someone so he could earn this things? I'm completely judging him right now. I feel bad to myself.

"Don't think too deep Lai.. I'm not a criminal stop looking at me like that, please?" He said. He's calm and I'm not.

He hugged me really tight.

"Then tell me.. make this clear you just spit this completely out of nowhere." I said.

"Lai.. I'm telling you this just to make sure for you that I'm sincere and I won't leave you and I want to be completely honest. Let me start over." He said.

Michael pull me away he stands straight right in front of me he fix his hair, clear his throat.

"Hi! I'm Michael Clifford, I'm 18 years old. I attend Stanford Academy, I play guitar, I like singing.. My dad left us when I was 3 years old.. I have no siblings, my mom works as a waitress also she has tons of part time jobs so she could give me everything I need and give me a good education.. I don't know how she earn it that fast but I dont question her that much.. We live in a little apartment just the two of us. I have a band called 5 seconds of summer we suck but we rock! That bike I had? I won that on a bet... Long story but hey? It's a Ducati! Then this one man who helped me to pursue my interest in music it's Marco... I love music so much but there's a girl who I am staring at, is the one I really love." He told me.

I'm totally speechless. I didn't know his story will be like this. I guess that's the reason why he always had an argument with her mom because she work so hard.. This gives sense to everything and that night he run away. I didn't reply to him I just pull him into a kiss, he kissed me back. Until we lay down on the ground and just cherish this moment with him. He stood up and roughly yanked my legs and pulled me to the edge of the couch. He began unbuckling my jeans and pulling them off, Michael then came back up and helped me take off my shirt and I reached behind myself and unclipped my bra. He crouched down and softly kissed my collarbones up to my neck and a gasp slipped from my lips. He continued downward until he was kneeling before me and he slowly kissed up and down, before sliding his tongue along my stomach. He slid his tongue deeper and a shiver ran through my body, followed by a long groan.

"Michael... Stop, wait." I said and pull him away,

Then I got scared. This is too early. I can't right now. What am I even thinking? I stand up and get my clothes and wear them again. We both sat down on the couch.

"Oh shit! I'm sorry Lai I was carried away!" Michael faced me.

"It's okay, I am too. I'm just not ready today.." I said.

Then Michael lay down and rest his head on my thighs.

"Are you still a...." He whispered.

"A virgin?"

"Are you?" He asked and stare at me.

"I'll be honest...... I'm not. I can see you aren't too" I said.

"Oh, so I guess you've been in love before.. uhh yes." He holds my left hand.

"Yeah but I guess that was a mistake.."

"Being in love and falling in love was never a mistake Lai, you can never learn or found true love if you weren't hurt." Michael said.

After that intimate day with Michael he drives me home but before he leaves I told him mom invite him for a dinner. He kissed me and he leaves.

I went inside and shouts "Mom I'm here where are you?" I hear her voice from upstairs. I walk quickly up to her room.

"Hi mom, what are you doing?" I said.

"Looking for some things that needs to be thrown away.." She said while looking to her file cabinet.

The room was a totally a mess! Crumpled paper all over the ground.

"Do you have to do it right now? Do you need some help mom?"

"No, it's fine. I just need a good space here so I have to clean so how was your day?"

"Uhhh it was great, i told Michael you invite him for dinner.."

"Great! Can't wait to meet him.. Oh by the way Marco extend his stay in New York for 3 days."

"Really why?"

"He said they have a new guest for the alumni performance at Juilliard so he need to accomodate that person.." Mom said.

Michael's POV

I got home after I gave Lai a ride back to her house. I feel relieved now that I tell her the truth behind me. I know she wouldn't let me down... I called Ashton and told him that I told Lai everything of course not that we almost had sex. I took a shower and change my clothes I went downstairs to the kitchen and get some food because I'm really hungry then someone opens the door, my mom was here.

"Hey mom your early today.." I said.

"Yes I have to pack, I had this job offered to me and it's a good amount." Mom said.

"What? Can you just rest? Where is that?"

"In... Florida."

"What! How long you'll be there?"

"Few days, Michael don't worry I will call you.. It's also  good savings for your plans in college. How's with Marco?"

"We don't have lessons he's in New York.." I said.

Mom is already packing. This is the first time she took a job far away from me not that I'm against with it.. I'm just worried she's always working but somehow she never look tired. I guess moms are really special. She's now done packing and I bring her bags downstairs. She said she'll leave tomorrow morning she went up and already take a rest.

I called Lai.

"Hi..." I said over the phone.

"Hi."

"What are you doing right now?"

"Nothing.. Did you know Marco extend his stay in New York.."

"Really? For how long? So it means no lessons for me again.."

"3 more days.. Yeah, but don't forget tomorrow night, okay?"

"Yes love, I won't.. Goodnight."

"Goodnight Mikey a virtual kiss for you.." She giggled.

"Virtual kiss? You're cheesy!" I laughed.

"Making a kiss sound over the phone is way too cheesy and mainstream.."

"God, I love you!"

"Go to sleep Michael and yes, I love you too."

That's the first time she said that. She loves me. I'm really falling in love with her this quickly I don't know how this came so fast but I do not regret this. I'm thankful for knowing her.