5.

I don't remember what it's like to not feel broken

***

P.O.V Maddie
I don't know why, or why I even bother to think about it but the rest of the week Dylan ignored me. He didn't say a word and it's getting to me.

Right now I'm in my last class, with Dylan.

'Hey' I hear a voice next to me. Dylans voice.

As usual I say nothing and I kept focusing on my work.  He did't talk to me the rest of the week, why should I talk to him right now?

'Sorry I didn't talk to you the rest of the week. I was kind of busy' he apologises, I look at him with a surprised look.

'Oh so now you are gonna talk to me' I ask with raised eyebrows

'Yes, why shouldn't I. We are friends'

Are we friends, Dylan. Do you have a good time with a friend and then ignore them.

'Look I'm just sorry and wanted to take you for coffee as an apology' I scoff.

Why should I.

'I take that as a yes, after school, my car' he states and before I could say anything back the teacher came back and I shut my mouth.

—-

After school I walked straight to my locker.

Should I go or shouldn't I.

'Hey Mads'  a person leaned against the lockers next to me, which made a loud sound, which made me jump.

'I didn't see you at my car so I thought that I should get you'

Dylan.

'Shall we' he says when I close my locker.

There's no way to say no him now is there Maddie?

I only hummed and walked with him to his car.

'You know, I don't really know if you like coffee. It's just, most people do so I thought that it would be an easy pick' Dylan started to talk when we drove away but I didn't actually listen. My plan was not to listen, but then he said something I couldn't just ignore.

'You know, most people answer my questions' he said judging a bit

'Well I'm not most people' I said without looking at him

'I know, that makes you special'

Wait, am I special? No Maddie,  he is just saying that to mess with your head.

'Are we there yet' I said to break the awkward silence 

'Yes we are' he stops at a little cafe with a lot of people. We walk in together and sit down on a table next to the window.

'Hello what can I get for you' a girl asks us after we looked at the menu.

This was unnatural for me, being in a cafe. I haven't been to a cafe or a restaurant in 5 years. My mom uses all of the money we have to buy liquor.

'Ehhm we will both get a caramel cappuccino and a cheesecake' Dylan says and I knot

'How did you know I wanted that' I ask when the girl walked away

'I didn't' I raise my eyebrows 'I guessed' Dylan smirks

Geez

'But I wanted to explain why I didn't talk to you' I cross my arms and listen

'My friends kept inviting me to parties with a lot of girls. So it wouldn't be me if I didn't go'

Why did I expect this

'Of course' I scoffed and I looked down because even though I expected this, I didn't wanted it to be true.

My little hope that I was different and that I meant something to Dylan disappeared.

'I'm sorry but I just' his eyes searched for mines 'I didn't want to let my friends down'

I looked away because I knew that If I looked into his eyes I would forget everything he said and the hope would get back.

'It's okay' I say

'Is it you look really'

I cut him off 'I said it was okay, it's not like you care about me anyway'

'I do, Maddie, I do care' Dylan reaches for my hand on the table but I pull it back

'No you don't, you think you do but you don't' I say again without looking at him

'Maddie why is it so hard to believe that I actually care about you' again he searches for my eyes

'Because, in the end no one does. They only care about themselves' I mumble

'Why would you say that, there has to be someone who cares about you. Your mom for example, she cares about you' he says like it is the solution for everything

'My mom' I scoff. She doesn't care about me, she only had a kid with my dad because my dad wanted it.  Now she doesn't even care a little.

'Yeah sure she cares about me' I say again sarcasticall.

'She doesn't' Dylan says like he can't imagine it.

'Let's not talk about it' I say and I take a bite form my cheesecake that the girl brought in an awkward silence

'Okay, I'll shut up about it but you need to tell someone eventually' I look at Dylan and find a worried expression on his face.

Why does he care? It's not like we're friends, okay he thinks we are but we're not.

'No' I mumble with a full mouth.

Oh my god this cheesecake is fantastic

'Oh my god'

'You like it' Dylan smirks

'This is the best cheesecake like ever' I say again with my mouth stuffed with cheesecake

'I knew you'd like it' he winks, geez why does he has to wink.

I continue stuffing my face with cheesecake and ignore the fact Dylan is obviously staring at me.

'Can you stop' I say when I finished my cheesecake

'What' he chuckles

'You're staring at me and it's annoying' Dylan chuckles again

'It's not my fault you are so easy to stare at'

'Ugh shut up' I roll my eyes back making Dylan chuckle even more