1.

he noticed the unnoticeable girl.

But he didn't know it would change everything.

***

P.O.V Maddie
I woke up like every normal day. I slipped on black jeans, a sweater and my only converse. I did my hair in the same ponytail I wear every day. As usual I didn't bother to put on make-up, no one will look at me anyway.

I walked downstairs, hoping my mom was still asleep which she luckily was.

I made myself some lunch I knew I wasn't going to eat anyway. Drank some water and started walking to school after I put on my jacket.

At school my head automatically bend down and I started to walk to my locker. All the way I concentrated on everybody's feet so I wouldn't bump into someone and have to talk.

At my locker I opened it as quietly as possible and grabbed my books.

'hey' A sudden voice says.

'oh sorry, I didn't mean to scare you' the voice said. I turned around to who it was.

DYLAN?!

The most popular guy just said hi to me? He knows I exist?

'I heard it was you birthday' I turn around without giving him an answer, grab my bag even faster. I want to run away But he stopped me.

'Maddie' He says and I stop.

'is it you birthday?' he asked and for some reason his voice sounded different. I heard him every day, saying something stupid but now his annoying tone was gone. His sounded Real, like he really wanted to know

But that was probably my imagination.

I nodded not wanting to use my voice today.

'happy birthday then' a small smile formed his face and slowly I looked in his eyes.

Then I got it, why every girl fell for him.

His ocean eyes had no end and gave me a feeling of freedom. I knew that if I wouldn't look away quick I would fall for him.

'hey dude, who are you talking to' a raspy voice said, like he just smoked. The smile disappeared from Dylan's face and he looked away.

'I was just saying happy birthday to Maddie here' Dylan said to his friend, Jordan.

'why are you talking to her' Jordan's voice sounded insulting. It made me look down again, turn around and walk away.

'dude why did you have to sound so insulting' Dylan Hissed making me want to smile, but I didn't. I couldn't, My smile disappeared 5 years ago and never came back.

I was almost and the end of the hall when I felt a warm hand om my shoulder. Again I stopped and turned around.

I was Dylan, again.

'sorry about Jordan' without having even a bit control over it I looked in his eyes.

'tonight I'm throwing a party, I thought maybe you would like to come' again a small smile formed his lips

'if you don't have anything to do' he added

'I'll see' me voice said. For a second I was surprised by my own voice, I hadn't heard It since 2 days ago, when My mom asked If I wanted to do the groceries.

'okay, text me if you come' I knotted again

'oh right you don't have my number' he got a paper from his bag and wrote something on it

'here' he gave me the paper and I knotted again.

'see you' he said with an awkward smile.

Again I turned around and walked away. I looked on the paper and saw his number.

Why would he give me his number?

---

By the end of my school day I came to the conclusion he probably had a bet with his friend

Go talk to the quit girl.

I could hear him saying it. Stupidly enough I did put his number in my phone, just in case.

Ugh, stupid Mads. Get that stupid thought out of your head. He doesn't care about you, he had a bet and is still the asshole you hear every day.

By the time I got home I saw my mom and her stupig Boyfriend through the window.

'shit' I cursed under my breath.

I opened the door as quit as I could, without success because it was stuck and I had to throw my whole bodyweight on it.

'is that bitch already home' I heard John even though he was whispering

'Maddie is that you' I could hear that she was drunk, again

I walked through the door to the living room where they were.

'hey how was your day' she asked and she slapped her hand on my shoulder which hurt.

'fine' I mumbled

'eh we don't care, go to your stupid room and don't come out of it till tomorrow' my mom said. She pushed me to the door which I walked through and went to my room.

I would do as she said, not come out of my room, until she was asleep. Then I would go downstairs to get some food and probably go back to my room.

I know boring days but I have to live like this.

After my dad passed away my mom started drinking and she got a new boyfriend, John. She started to slap me every time I did something wrong and so now I have to do as she tells me to. Otherwise she and John will slap me, hard.

---

Slowly I opened my door and stuck my head out. Is she asleep?

I heard a loud snore from the living room which was my que to go down stars and grab some food.

Everything I did, I did quietly. Nowadays I do everything quietly, that way no one will notice me and everything will be fine.

When I was in my room again I started to stare at the text I typed but didn't send.

I typed it an hour ago and stared at it since

It was to Dylan: hey, I'll be there at 10

As I said I never said It. It's a fight between my heart and my head.

My head is saying that he is playing games, he doesn't care and I shouldn't go.

My heart on the other hand says I should do it, I will regret it if I don't and why would he give you your number. For you to text him right?

Eventually me heart won it from my head and I sent the text

Stupid Maddie, why did you do that? Only bad things will come from that.