Chapter 9

I hadn't gotten any information on what was going to happen to me after what I did. So I just moped in my stall, grieving over my best friend I'd just lost. I wondered if Scarlet missed me yet.

The day came to an end and no one visited me. I munched down my meal halfheartedly, concluding that I wasn't going to be told tonight. Being a horse sucked...

A few hours later though, I recalled that I would be seeing Grace tonight. She was going to make me a better outfit. I wondered if she was still coming but was delighted to see she did as promised.

Quickly, I shifted into human and making sure I had complete control of my raging magic before Grace made it over, I waited at the stall door. Grace opened it and smiled at me. She held up a dress that was brown but it also had a black belt around the waist that had small black pocket bags hanging from it and a larger bag that looked like it would hold a weapon on the right side of my back. With it came some black pants that came to my ankles looked like it could be a skirt from the loose sides of it.

Grace smiled. "What do you think?"

I managed to say through a gasp, "it's amazing! Oh my goodness! I love it!" I paused before asking, "But what’s up with the pockets?"

Grace shrugged, "they fit with the dress. I had my maid take the brown dress and the belt to our lady who sows our clothes and asked for the pockets in case you ever found something as a human that would want to keep. As you can see, nothing will fall out. The pockets have the flaps that stretch around the button so that nothing falls out. Want to try it on?"

"Yes!" I said simply.

Grace handed the dress to me and directed me back to the stall. Door closed, I changed slowly, having to work at figuring out how to put on the dress. I finally figured out you put your head in first, otherwise the waist and neck wouldn't go through. I put on the elastic shorts that stuck to my thighs but were surprisingly comfortable. I looked down at what I could see of my appearance. The skirt came to my ankles while further on the right side it had a sharp cut to my hip before coming back down more widely, making a triangular shaped cut to it. When I gripped the skirt with one hand, it extended widely, giving me plenty of space to kick and run while at the same time, showed the black skirt under it that was actually pants so I was able to kick and run easily in it without tripping.

I came out of the stall to receive a wide grin by Grace. "I'm so glad it fits! And it fits so perfectly! It looks like it was made for you." She encircled me before turning back to me and saying, "I also have these brown boots that should come halfway up your calf. They should be tight enough to fit under your pants.

I took the boots from her and gazed at them. They had black buckles all the way up the sides. I put them on and tucked them under my pants to be saddened that they were too big.

Grace saw that too and knelt down to squeeze my foot. After she saw how much extra room I had, she whispered something and to my astonishment, before my eyes the boots shrunk to fit me perfectly.

I looked at her wide-eyed. "What did you say?" I asked.

She smiled at me after she made sure they fit and stood up saying a little more loudly, "Sarukt divus izmērus. It means shrink down two sizes in Latvian. Know the language, and you can do any magic."

I smiled weekly. I certainly didn't want to suggest to her that I wanted to door magic. I diffidently didn't want to mess with it. It scared me completely to think how easy it was to let my magic slip out of control before. I never even considered the fact that I probably injured people. I diffidently didn't want to injure Grace. That would be the end of our friendship for sure.