Prologue Part 2

"Jay!" Jauda woke up at the sound of her foster mother's sweet voice.

Yawning, Jay stretched and kicked off her purple covers, "Coming momma," she yelled back in delight. Jumping out of bed, Jauda raced downstairs full of excitement. Today was April third- Jauda's seventh birthday and she was pumped about facing the day head-on with her beloved foster parents Amy and Jeff.

Jauda had been adopted by Amy and Jeff when she was a young child of several months of age. Though not her real parents, Amy and Jeff were always kind and honest to her, and Jauda didn't think of them as anything less then her parents.

Jauda made her way down the stairs and as she raced for the kitchen, she slipped over one of her toys. Jauda collided onto the floor, face slamming into the wooden boards, blood spurting out of her nose dramatically. Sitting up Jauda was about to cry when she gasped. She's left a deep black dent in the ground. Jauda gazed at her hand, now glowing red.

"Jauda, dear, are you ok?"

Jauda looked up quickly to hear her mother approach. Automatically, Jauda quickly ran her normal colored hand over the blood pooling from her nose over the small imprint on the floor and raced for the bathroom. Turning on the faucet, Jauda plunged her hand in, smoke steaming up everywhere, making her narrow her eyes from the warmth. The small prickle of heat that Jauda felt on her hand disappeared and Jauda quickly waved away the steam as her parents entered the bathroom.

"Jauda what- Oh my gosh!" Amy gazed at Jauda's bloody face and exclaimed, "that's where the blood came from... I was worried you landed on a knife or something!"

Despite Jauda's tears, she smiled weakly.

"Oh be right back! I'll get a towel from the kitchen!"

Quickly Amy left the room and immediately Jauda cupped her hand full of water and raced back to her pool of blood and dumped her handful of water over the indent hidden slightly by the blood and it disappeared, leaving only her blood.

Jauda was used to little things like this always happening, and in time, she was able to discover how to fix some of her doings.

Jauda had always had these magical powers, she so called them, but they used to never create such a hassle. As Jauda aged, her powers were getting more powerful and so forth, more uncontrollable. Jauda considered telling her mom and dad but instinctively felt she shouldn't, though the past year had been especially hard to control her powers and Jauda feared she would be forced to reveal herself soon.

The remembrance of the dreaded hour- three twenty one in the afternoon was when her powers would increase a little more; she guessed it was the time she was born. Would Jauda be able to hold yet even more power from her parents?

Amy came back with a towel at which she instantly put over Jauda's nose. "Aww Jay, when will you stop being so clumsy?"

Jauda liked being called Jay as her original name always sounded so weird compared to the other kids her age. Mom and Dad had told her that she came with a metal necklace boring the name Jauda on it, so it must have been my real parent's wish for her to be called that. From that day on, Jauda was convinced that by wearing the necklace, her true parents would always be close.

"Despite the nose issue, I hope you will have a happy day today since it's your seventh birthday!" Amy exclaimed in her voice she always uses with Jauda-a little higher pitched.

"I'm fine Momma," Jauda said quickly. She was eager to go outside and play before her birthday party- well, her play was a little different from most kids.

Once the nose bleed was under control Amy allowed her to grab a cereal bar and leave to play in the backyard. "Stay close! Especially since Ali and Hanna are coming over for your party today at 12!"