Chapter 51

I had no feeling for a moment. Where all I did was float aimlessly. Nothing seemed to matter at that moment. I couldn't think, nor did I want to. I had never felt peace as intensely as I had at that moment. And it was bliss. But then I heard a voice. Her voice. Jauda's. And I instantly wanted to follow it. If it meant being near her. She was a part of me. I didn't want to go anywhere without her. And while the bliss was an indescribable feeling, I somehow knew it meant that I couldn't be with Jauda. And that's all I've ever wanted. A woman like Jauda to admire and love. She meant everything to me and somehow I knew following her voice meant I would lose the moment of bliss, but I didn't care.

And sure enough the voice led me to her. We hugged. And I told her that I would always find her. But I don't think she heard me. I could feel her mouth move, but no sound came out. And then we were no longer on the ground. Fear rose in her face. Fear I'd never seen on her before. It brought chills to my spine because I understood. That was fear she had for losing me. I wouldn't let go. I couldn't. I couldn't bare her being in anymore pain. I wanted to protect her from any and everything that could ever hurt her. But despite our attempts to remain connected, at one point we were disconnected and I was plunged into darkness.

And then I opened my eyes.

And was still in darkness.

Full of intense panic of losing Jauda, I leaped up, falling onto the floor off of what must have been a table. I landed on my hands in knees, my knees protesting with a sharp sting as it connected with pavement. I couldn't see. I couldn't see anything. I had never felt so trapped and alone. I stood up, fear and anguish entering my chest. I did the only think I could think to of. I screamed out her name.

"Jauda!!"

Jauda's P.O.V

I heard it. Like an intense slam in my chest.

JAUDA!

My knees buckled beneath me. The strength of my name sent shivers down my spine. But it wasn't just the strength. Primarily it was who had said it. Josh.

It was like the world was teasing me. His voice sounded so clear in my head, as if he had been standing right next to me when saying my name. But it couldn't be. He was dead. I had killed him and I was being punished. I was being driven mad.

Jauda! Where are you?

I glanced around me. Whatever this was, it was horribly cruel.

Jauda!

I couldn't help it. Who cares if I turned mad? I needed to feel his presence.

"Josh. Josh I'm so sorry," I murmured, wrapping my arms around my legs. As if I could protect myself from my own guilt.

Jauda? Please, I'm here. Come to my voice.

I felt a tears falling on my legs. I didn't realize I had started to cry.

"Josh. You're not real. But I want you to be. So badly. How can I live alone?"

"You're not alone. Never. And certainly not now. Please. It's dark and I think I was dead."

I bolted upright in shock. Hope rose through my veins. Hope that Josh was alive. I didn't care anymore if I was going mad. If going mad meant I could see him again, so be it.

I raced back toward the castle, despite the lack of energy from draining my magic I was able to find a new will to being alive.

I crashed through the front doors, crashing right into Jonah. He caught me before I could fall backwards.

"Jauda!" He cried breathlessly.

"Jonah" I breathed, clutching the sleeves of his shirt. "Jonah...." I said again looking around frantically.

"What is it?" He asked, clearly trying to remain calm.

"You have to let me see Josh. I need to see him."

Jonah frowned. "I don't think that's a good idea Jauda, you're in enough pain as it is."

"Please!" I cried. I didn't want to fight him anymore. I didn't want to fight anyone. "Please trust me on this. If it be the last time you trust me, so be it. But I must see him. I must." I gazed up at him desperately.

He frowned as he looked at me. But to my surprise he replied, "very well. I'll take you to his body."

He turned, keeping one arm tentatively around my waist, as if he thought I'd bolt and do something crazy at any given second. Not that I could blame him.

Jonah opened a door, leading down into darkness. I didn't wait for him to find the lights. I started down the stairs, sinking into pitch black.

"Jauda?"

I heard his voice. I reached the bottom of the stairs and walked quickly to where I'd heard it. I felt a sharp pain on my hip as I scraped by a concrete tabletop.

Suddenly I hit face first into a warm chest. I lifted my hands to the sides of the body I'd hit and it only took me a moment to identify it as Josh's.

"Ja-Jauda.." He stumbled on my name, his voice thick with emotions. No one had ever said my name with as much love as he had just there.

I wrapped my arms around him in a suffocating hug, crying with joy.

"It's you. It's really you," I sobbed.

"Thank God you're alright," he murmured into my ear, wrapping his arms around me. "Thank God..."

I began to laugh through my tears, pulling him as close as I could. I never thought I'd feel what I felt at that given moment ever again. The warmth. The sparks that put my body on fire. The feeling I felt so rarely. The feeling of being safe.

The lights flashed on, making me cower into him at the shock of the overbearing light. Josh clutched my body, his muscles tensing.

"I can't believe... Gah Josh."

I turned my head, pressing my ear against his chest as I looked up at Jonah's dumbfounded face. I didn't remember us sinking to the ground, but we had.

Josh let out a loud breath. "Jonah."

Jonah grinned, coming down and hugging us both.

"It's over now, I can't believe it," he said, his voice wavering for the first time ever. I had never seen so much emotion in Jonah's face. Usually he was so collected.

"Is it?" Josh whispered.

"It is," I said. "Damen is dead."

Jonah laughed. "There's more than that. The death of Damen took the curse off the lands. People aren't enslaved anymore. This kingdom has full rule. And Josh, you're going to rule it."

He didn't have to say anymore. We all knew the significance of this moment in time. The struggle against a greater evil had ended. We'd done what we had set out to do. And like in the beginning, we were all together, marveling over everything that had happened. These two had been my prime support. Along with so many friends. And ultimately we'd survived everything thrown at us. This moment was the most emotional moment of my life.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I am not sure if I will change up the ending in the future. I had an idea on how I wanted it to end but I also think more people should have died so I will likely go back and adjust that. But for wattpad this is how it will be. THERE IS STILL MORE TO COME!!! I am going to write a final chapter on life after the struggles. But I want to go back and read my entire story first to see what I want to wrap up in the final chapter and who Jauda needs to see to bring the story to a close. And I'm sure you all want to know what happens with Jauda! And Josh! I mean what the heck, Josh was dead!:P So stay tuned! And thanks all for reading, voting and commenting. Even when I am busy I still read every single comment made on my book. And it means so much to me to hear from you guys! So let me know what you think of this. I am warming up to writing again so this was a little difficult but I want to make a nice long final chapter. Who knows, I may split it into two depending on how much I chose to cover. But it'll be worth reading, I promise!