Lied To The Truth

"Come on it's time for trial" I was hauled off to a court room across from the prison. Inside Leilani sat in a chair in the front. They had me sit next to her.

The judge called me to the stand first. I was asked the same questions way too many times and it was getting on my last nerve.

I told the whole story without hesitation, stuttering, or shaking. They should know I'm not lying. When Leilani got called up she told the whole story as a lie. She lied about every single detail. But apparently she's sorry.

She told them that I called her, I drove us there, I gave her the knife, and I shot the guy. I swear I was too close to running up there and stabbing her eye out.

The judge said he'd give the video to a jury and we'll know our fate by Friday. Friday! Back at the prison a different worker made us put on black jumpsuits. My stomach growled deep in my stomach letting me know I need food fast.

Luckily it was lunch time. Other inmates looked at our black uniforms with furrowed eyebrows. For lunch was a mostly edible chef salad. I took the turkey out and ate the rest. I drank a lot of water to feel fuller than I was.

A woman in workout clothes called Leilani and me. We followed her to a gym where no one else was.

"Both of you start 20 push ups!" Why only us? "NOW"

I started doing the push ups but Leilani stood there with her hands on her hips.

"What do we have to do this for?"

"This will let me know who's telling the truth. Now do what I said!!"

I finished the push ups and she made me do 200 squats. In 4 minutes. She's crazy! Somehow I did it though. With way more effort than Leilani. I'm trying to get the hell outta here.

Even though my legs felt like jelly I still ran the forty laps around the gym. I got lightheaded but didn't say anything. I fell hitting my arm super hard on the floor.

"RAYNA 250 JUMPING JACKS NOW!!!" I got up doing the jumping jacks. My vision started to get blurry and my arm hurt a lot. Before I collapsed to weakness and exhaustion I got water and a break.

Leilani didn't because she wasn't doing anything. This is too much.

"Both of you put one of these on" She handed us book bags full of bricks and made us put it on our back. "Run up and down the stairs ten times" Outside of the gym was a flight of stairs with maybe thirty steps. She's gonna kill me before she realizes I'm telling the truth.

I did 4 full times but the fifth time I fell down the stairs and hit my head multiple times.....

2 Days Later

I woke up with a massive headache and bandages around my head. What happened? I sat up running to the trash can. Am I sick? The prison doctor walked in and gave me some water.

"Rayna Johnson we have some exciting news" I sat down holding my head in my hands. "You're not guilty!"

"Yeah well I already knew that" I wasn't even in the mood to put a smile on my face.

"But you're pregnant"

"What?! How far?"

"Almost a week now. It was almost too early to tell" A week! That means it's August's baby. A huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders. "But your blood sugar is extremely low and you need some food in your system"

"Can I have real food?"

"Haha of course. Burger or chicken sandwich?"

"Veggie burger. I'm a vegetarian"

"Okay well come with me to the infirmary and I'll have my coworker go grab you some food"

"Thank you"

I walked with him to the infirmary and laid down on a new bed. I got my clothes back from when I was arrested and I gladly put them on since they were washed and I'm not leaving here in one of their outfits. I took the bandages off and put my hair up.

I ate the veggie burger, french fries, salad, and ice cream they got me. Thank god there are people with sympathy here. The first place I went was the airport. The plane ride felt shorter this time and when I got off my mom was waiting for me.

I gave her a hug and got in her car.

"I'm the only person they called. You really are the only thing on August's mind right now so he'll be excited to see you"

"I would hope so. I have something to tell him"

"What"

"Ma you'll find out when he does"

I turned the radio up happy to hear some music. She drove me home and we went inside.

"Who's there?!" August yelled from upstairs.

"It's me!" My mom said pushing me to the kitchen.

"I can't get ahold of the prison Rayna's at"

"Maybe what I brought will cheer you up"

"What'd you bring?"

"It's in the kitchen" August walked in and smiled when he seen me. I ran into his arms laughing at his face.

"God I missed you" He said kissing me.

"I missed you too. I have something to tell you though"

"What?" My mom cracked the door eavesdropping badly.

"I'm pregnant"

"Whose is it?"

"Yours!!"

He picked me up spinning me around. My mom ran away from the door screaming hallelujah loudly in the hallway. August sat me down on the counter.

"I love you" I was surprised at first then smiled.

"I love you too"

A/N: Contact Info: SpookyNicole__ on Twitter and Instagram.
Spooky-Nicole on Tumblr.
SpookyNicole on Snapchat.
LaurenP1316 on kik.