Old and New Relationships

"Do you want to make this official?" August asked before kissing me again.

"Definitely" He smiled and took the magazine from me. He kissed me while sneaking a picture of us and posting it to his Instagram. His lips are heaven.

"So since it went good with your family I was thinking you could throw a party type thing so you can hang out with them"

"That sounds like a perfect idea"

"Let's go shopping for it then. We can have it tomorrow"

"Yeah okay. I'll go get Jonah" We exchanged one more kiss before I went up to Jonah's room. I changed his outfit and did his hair. My phone rang and it was an unfamiliar number.

"Hello?"

"Is this Rayna Johnson?" A woman's voice asked.

"Yes it is may I ask who's calling?"

"It's uh it's Kurrency"

"No fucking way!"

"I'm still in Louisiana. Are you?"

"Yes I am"

"Can we meet up?"

"I'm about to go shopping but yeah when I get back I'll call you and give you the address"

"Ok"

I hung up a little overwhelmed. Kurrency was my best friend along with Janice. We were literally like the three musketeers. I wonder where Janice is.

Jonah followed me downstairs and we all got in the car. Kye kept snickering and smirking every time I looked at her.

"Okay Kye what is so funny?" I asked.

"I got a picture" She showed me the picture she sneakily took when August kissed me. I shook my head at her but smiled when she looked away. August drove to a party store where we bought streamers, a pinata, birthday hats, halloween decorations,

Christmas decorations, thanksgiving decorations, easter decorations, New years decorations, plates, cups, plasticware, party favors, and any other party things we could find. I guess it's gonna be a mix up party.

We took everything home and I texted everyone to come here next weekend instead of tomorrow. I called Kurrency and told her my address then waited with Jonah on my lap, Kye asleep, and August next to me with his arms around both Jonah and me.

The doorbell rang so I got up leaving Jonah with August. I opened the door excited when I seen Kurrency. We both practically jumped into each others arms squeezing each other tightly.

It felt so good to be with her again. Kurrency was always the one to force us to go to parties with her and would always make Janice or me happier when we felt sad or mad.

I brought her inside to the living room where she sat down in the chair next to the couch. I got to telling her the story about why I completely disappeared then she told me what she'd been doing for the past 8 years. She's in college right now with 2 years left.

"Are you hungry?" I asked her standing up.

"Very. I'll go with you" We went to the kitchen and she got her phone out. I already knew. I handed her a portable speaker and she turned on Main Chick by Kid Ink and we started cooking a vegetarian dish that we used to make in the seventh grade with Janice. We danced around the kitchen and it was just like old times.

30 minutes later the table was set and the food looked delicious. I woke Kye up from her nap and we all sat at the kitchen table.

Kye was still making fun of me while we ate the food. After dinner we ate our home made apple fritters for dessert. Kurrency left and we played a game of would you rather. I put Jonah to bed and went to my room to get ready for bed.