The Fallen(Part Two)

Hey peeps!!! Thanks for supporting this story!!

So what did you think of the previous chapter's cliffhanger?! I love those xD

Anyway, let's continue where we left off with this new UNEDITED installment!

Remember to COMMENT and VOTE:) Enjoy xD!

Chapter Fourteen: The Fallen(Part Two)

We heard screams coming from close by. I tried to keep calm. It was a sound I'd heard a million times before when my dad took me target hunting. Melissa was right; it was a gun shot.

"Melissa, I need you to stay as calm as possible. We need to get out of here!"

Melissa nodded as we went into the closest classroom, turned off the lights, and hid behind the teacher's desk.

"What's happening?" said Melissa. Another voice came before I could answer.

"Melissa? Is that you?" said the terrified voice of Martha.

"Yeah, Martha! James is here, too. Are you okay?"

It was dark, but I could still tell she had just nodded.

"What's going on? Was that a gun shot?" she asked.

Our silence was answer enough. She put her hand on her ear to block out the continuous screams coming from outside. The class microphone suddenly went on.

"Students," came Principal Collins' voice, "this is not a drill of any sort. There is a shooter in the school! Please find the closest exit, and I beg of all of you not to act like heroes. To the shooter, whoever you are, think of what you're doing. Don't take away innocent lives. Surrender yourself. May God be with you all."

Non of us said anything. We were still trying to wrap our heads around what we had just heard. There was a shooter in the school. Someone was actually killing students. It hit me at that moment. Riley and Neil were somewhere out there. Had the sooter got to them? Were they safe?

"We can't stay here. If there's a shooter in the school, it's not safe here. We need to get outside as soon as can be," I said.

"I can't believe this is happening to us," said Martha.

"Martha, we need to stay calm and act rationally! It's the only way we'll survive this. Come on," said Melissa, helping Martha to her feet.

We waited until we were absolutely sure the coast was clear. The small, square-shaped, glass window on the door was a big help; we saw students running past the door in fright. We were all wondering the same thing: Was anyone hurt?

"We need to find a way to know if the hallways are safe," I said, meditating on it.

"The security cameras," suggested Martha.

"You're right!" exclaimed Melissa.

Seeing the confusion on my face, Martha explained herself.

"There are security cameras all around the school. We can see the videos through the principal's computer. His office is just around the corner of this hallway," she said.

I looked at Melissa, who egged me on. We slowly opened the classroom door. I tilted my head, trying to see if there was anyone out there. Relieved, I pulled the door wide open, and lead Melissa and Martha out. Just as we closed the door, the worst happened: another gun shot. Martha clenched her chest, and closed her eyes in fear. A tear slid down her face. Melissa let out a small shriek, and she, too, cried. I was too numb to express emotion. What was happening still hadn't sunk in.