The Fallen(Part One)

Hey readers!

Thank you so much for the support you've given this story over the past week(400 reads in less than a week! You guys humble me:D)

So this chapter and the one that follows are the reason I wrote this book! And I can't wait for you to read them! I get to show you another side of myself xD

Dedication is to LoveForTheLost for participating in my contest:)

Also, until I upload, check out my new story, 'From Wattpad With Love' you'll LOVE it:D

Without further ado, here's the new UNEDITED installment! Enjoy!:)

Chapter Thirteen: The Fallen(Part One)

Blood was splattered everywhere. Her body lay still against the lockers. I had never imagined so much blood could come out from one person. Screams could be heard from the nearby hallway. People outside were still panicking. At least they were safe.

Everything was moving in slow motion. I was running purposefully in the direction of danger, trying to be the hero my dad always was.

Never had I imagined things would come to this. How could I have missed this coming?

ONE DAY EARLIER

It was six o'clock when I got home from the cheerleading competition, after driving Riley home that is. I was sitting in my room, randomly surfing through Wattpad: a popular ebook community, when my phone beeped. I checked my phone and saw a text from Melissa.

'Let's do something. I miss you<3'

It had been so long since we had had some time to ourselves. So, I couldn't help but agree.

'Sure! Meet me outside in half an hour;)'

I took a last look at myself in the mirror before leaving. I was wearing a black shirt under a thin, gray, unbuttoned button-down shirt, with grayish-blue jeans, and my white converse. My blonde hair was still a little wet from the shower I had just taken, but I didn't mind; the breezy sensation was soothing. I figured I looked decent enough to go out. I closed the house door behind me, and waited for Melissa to come out.

About five minutes later, she came out looking beautifully simple. She had a pair of skinny blue jeans on, with a flowy dark blue top. Her hair was tied up in a ponytail that bounced as she came down her front steps.

"Hey," I said, a wide smile on my face.

"Hey yourself," she winked. "Where we headed?"

"Just thought we'd take a walk or something?" I answered.

"Perfect," she smiled.

The sky was beautiful at night. Millions of infinitesimal lights flickered, shining a dim light all over. The quiet and serenity of the neighbourhood made me so glad my dad chose to move here. It was a the perfect night to ask Melissa the big question. I was planning on asking her to be my girlfriend. We'd been dating for a bit over a month now. It isn't much, but it was enough for me to know that I wanted her. I had a connection with Melissa I didn't have with Riley, which is how I knew I belonged with Melissa. We started talking about school, and the academic prize, and soon moved the discussion to career choices.

"I always thought I'd be a writer. I've always loved writing!" I said.

"I love writing, too! But I don't think I'd be good enough to make a career out of it," she laughed.

"It's just a passion, but my dad wants me to continue in his place; be like him. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud to have him for a father, he's a hero!"