To New Beginnings

• Dedicated to all fans of love you, love you not

A final hello to you all!

So here it is, the end. I have a lot to say at the end. So, for now, and for the last time, enjoy this new UNEDITED final chapter!:)

Final dedication is to all the fans of Love You, Love You Not.

Enjoy it xD

Chapter Twenty: To New Beginnings.

I stared blankly at my acceptance letter from NYU. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't expecting to be accepted. After being wait-listed for Melrose University, I figured Karma would at least give me NYU. It also helped that I had some of the highest grades in the entire state!

This meant that a lot of changes needed to happen. For starters, I had to tell Melissa. I couldn't believe we went through all that trouble, breaking up, and making up, just to end up in this situation. Then there was my major. Imd been accepted as a Literature student. I had yet to tell my parents I even applied! I didn't know which was worse; the possibility of being forced to have a long distance relationship with Melissa, or the fact that I was going to break my father's heart, not continuing his legacy.

My cell phone's ring finally snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hi!" said Melissa. "How are you?"

"Hey you, I'm...fine," I said, pausing before the last word of my sentence.

"Is something wrong?" she asked, sensing the sadness in my tone.

"No, but we need to talk. It's really important," I said.

"You're starting to worry me, but okay. I have something to tell you, too! Meet me outside?" she asked.

"Yeh, let's go for a walk..." I trailed off, then hung up.

"What's the matter?" asked Melissa as soon as she saw me coming down the porch stairs.

It reminded me of that first day I met her. It was so long ago, et felt like it had just happened a day earlier. I smiled at the fond image that had been created in my head until I finally snapped back into reality.

"Let's walk and talk," I said, extending me hand.

I knew I was worrying her, but I didn't know how to tell her that after all we had just gone through, something came in our way again!

"So, are you going to tell me now?" she asked, as we strolled passed the ice-cream parlor.

"I got the letter from NYU," I said, taking out a folded letter from my right pocket. I stared at it, then sighed, and handed it to her.

Furrowing her eyebrows, she took it and started to read. I could see her face expression turn from worry and curiosity, to utter happiness, then to sadness and confusion; exactly what I was feeling.

"You got accepted," she said, in a less than excited tone. "That's...great," she said, trying her best to give me a smile. "I'm proud of you."

"Good, now tell me how you really feel," I smiled back.

She gave me half a smile this time and spoke in a low voice. "I really am proud of you."

"But?" I interupted.

"But I'm not sure I can handle you leaving..." she trailed off. "I hate myself for saying this to you, but it's the truth. I am so very, incredibly proude of you for getting into NYU, but that means we'll be apart."

"There's a high chance, yes."

"A chance?" she retorted. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"I don't know! It's too much right now. Deciding my major, telling my dad, and I'd have to move to a new city all by myself with no friends or family or...you," I said, as we took a left, and sat down in a familiar park.