The Last Letter

Hi Wattpad people! how have you been?!

Of course, thanks for taking the time to read any of the previous chapters!

On a different note, my dance show was a huge success! Uploads will be regular once again:) Although I have exams next week so uploads are going to be faster over Summer break!

So this is the newest installment!(UNEDITED) I hope you enjoy it and please fan, vote, and comment!:D Enjoy it;)

Chapter Nine: The Last Letter

The long awaited weekend had finally arrived! It was such a hectic week, I couldn't wait jump into bed.

Mom had cooked her famous meatloaf, which was sitting on the table.

I sat down and started eating when a voice I hadn't heard in a long time called my name.

"James?" she said.

I turned around as soon as I heard her voice. "Grandma!" I screamed with pleasure.

"Jamie," she said as she hugged me tightly. The warmth of her loving hug was overwhelming. I hadn't seen my grandmother in 4 years. I missed her so much!

Just then, someone knocked on the door. My grandma rushed to open it, and standing there was Melissa with a big pot in hand.

"Sorry to bother you," she started, "my mom sent some soup over."

"Well, that was awfully nice of her! Thank her very dearly sweetheart!" said my grandmother. "Come inside for a minute. I'm going to give you something."

Melissa walked in as my grandma went to the kitchen. "Have you met my grandson Jamie?" she yelled from the kitchen.

"Yes, Mrs. Matherson, I have met...Jamie," she said trying to hold a straight face.

"Don't laugh!" I whispered. "She's been calling me that ever since I can remember."

"Right, whatever you say," she said grinning. God, she had a beautiful smile!

"Stop.."

"Here you go," interupted my grandma when she entered the room carrying a large bouket of flowers she had pick from the garden.

"I noticed you mother fancies gardenning," said grandma, "I hope she likes these! The purple ones need to stay out of the Sun more than the others. Remember that."

"Mrs. Matherson, you didn't have to," said Melissa. "It was just a gesture to apologize for being late in welcoming you here."

"Nonsense," argued grandma. "The pleasure is all mine."

"Thanks," said Melissa gratefully as I walked her out. She turned around before I closed the door.

"See you tomorrow...Jamie," she teased.

"Goodbye Melissa," I said laughing, then shut the door.

***

The next day, I woke up to find that the weather had completely flipped around. Sunshine was nowhere to be seen. Instead, there was a cool breeze hanging around. Humidy had completely taken over. I loved this weather! But would it interfere with my date with Melissa tonight?

I had lost most of my sleep last night because of my nervousness. This was my chance to sweep Melissa off her feet. I had decided to take Melissa to the park. It was the perfect place for a first date! I hope.

It was around 4 p.m. when I decided to pay Neil a visit. Thing is, I had no clue where he lived. So, I called him up and ask him for directions.

It took me about 30 minutes to get to Neil's house. It was such a beautiful home! The freshly mowed lawn lit up the sad weather, the flowers were radiantly blossomed despite the lack of sunlight, and the house was so big, yet humble.