A Casualty Of Casual Friday

Hey y'all!

I can't thank you enough for your support! It means the world to me:)

Dedication is to JuLiEtTa143, my crazy Armenian homie here on wattpad!:D This chick rules(H)!

Don't forget to comment, vote, and fan!! Also, don't forget to point out the grammar mistakes you see!

One last thing, until I upload chapter 8, ALL FANNING WILL BE RETURNED!

Enough chatting, here's the new installment!(UNEDITED) *Raises curtains* tadaaaaa hope you enjoy it:)

Chapter Seven: A Casualty Of Casual Friday

I had barely eaten when the end-of-lunch bell rang. Luckily, each class had one free period per day everyday -a great system- and it was time for mine. Swallowing bites of my sandwich before chewing them was probably a mistake, but I didn't care. I had to hurry up and meet Riley in front of the library like she told me to in her letter. What place did she want to show me? I had to know! I packed up my things and headed for the library.

It took me about two minutes or so to get there. I saw Riley pacing in front of the library door as I ascended the steps.

"Why would you tell Nelson that I was a good guide?" she said in a chastising tone.

"Hello to you too," I said smirking.

"Right," she laughed. "Hey!"

I smiled as she lead me across the hall.

"So, seriously, why would you tell Nelson I was great?" she questioned uncertainly.

"I don't know...I found out about your retest and figured I'd help you out." I replied.

"Oh...Um, thanks! It means alot. It really does!" she said almost looking ashamed.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead," said Riley.

"What's so important about this retest in particular? I doubt you go crazy like this over every test."

She gave a light smile before answering. "I'm a good student, actually I'm a really good student..."

"You?" I said surprised.

"Yes! What's wrong with a cheerleader being smart? Screw stereotypes!" she said defensively.

"You're right, I'sorry." I said embarrassed.

"So, as I was saying," she continued, "I mostly get straight 80's or 90's on all subjects, all subjects except one."

"Math?" I surmised.

"Exactly! I just don't get it! It's so frustrating. My whole average drops because of it. It's those stupid limits!" she belowed, "they get me every time!"

"Right. But that's what I'm here for, isn't it?" I said smiling as we passed the principal's office and a fond memory came to mind. "Math is my best subject, so I think I'll be able to help you."

"Thanks, I really need it," sighed Riley.

"So, that's the reason? Raising your average?" I asked.

"No, not really. See, our cheer squad made it to the 'Bring It!' cheerleading competition semi-finals, and any cheer squad can enter with one condition: all cheerleaders must maintain a passing grade of at least 60 on all subjects." said Riley frowning.

"And you're failing Math?" I assumed.

"Yeah, my Math average is 52. That's why I need a retest. Unless I get an minimum grade of 80, I'll fail and get disqualified. I can't let that happen." said Riley desperately. "This way," she pointed as we walked up a flight of stairs.