It's Back! I Mean, She's Back!

Hey everyone!! How are you?!

You wouldn't believe where I am right now:P At my possible future university...just had a talk with the dean...Yeh, I know you guys just went 'whatever':P

Anyways, thank you all for you support and for your great comments!! They mean the world and I enjoy reading them very much. So, keep them coming! And please, please vote and fan if you like!

Here is the newest installment(UNEDITED AS ALWAYS) I hope you enjoy it!!

Chapter Ten: It's Back! I Mean, She's Back!

The next morning, I woke up determined to find out what was wrong with Neil. Though he didn't seem very different to me, his mother had a concerned worry in her eyes, when she asked me, that just urked my curiosity. I had to find out!

"James, wait!" called my mother, just as I was about to leave for school.

"Yeh, mom?"

"Get the mail!" she ordered in a bitter tone. The same tone I would hear once every month. Understandable, considering it was bill season.

As I went out, I saw Melissa getting into her car. We exchanged looks, and I flashed her a smile before she got into her vehicle and drove away.

Today was Monday, meaning Riley and I had four days to get her ready for that Math re-test. I was determined to do whatever I could to help her ace that test!

Upon making the left turn for my locker, I saw Neil standing there trying to get some books out. His white cast looked like it was wrapped around his foot

tightly.

"Hey Neil," I said, helping him with his books. "Welcome back!"

"Hey!" he exclaimed happily, "Thanks!"

"How's the leg?"

"Pretty good, hurt a bit yesterday but it's all good now..."

"That's good. I hope it gets better soon!" I wished.

As we talked about school related subjects, I wondered if I should ask him if there was something bothering him, or if he needed to talk to anyone. I was determined to find out at any cost, but timing was everything. If I asked him at the wrong time, things could end badly. So, I decided not to mention it now, but confront him during lunch hour.

"I have to go talk to Riley about something," I told him, when I spotted her with a bunch of her cheer-leader friends. "I'll catch you later. Need anything?"

Neil shook his head, thanked me, and walked in the opposite direction as I walked up to Riley.

"Hey James," she greeted when she saw me.

"Hey Riley!" I greeted back.

"What's up?" she asked.

"I just wanted to ask you if you wanted to get together to study today? Tutoring, I mean."

"Sure! We need to get started ASAP!"

"Great! Emm, during free period?" I suggested.

"Perfect! I'll meet you in the quad. See you then!" she said, then walked away side by side with her friends.

As I was walking to class, I heard someone whisper my name. I looked over to see Melissa hiding behind a wall, gesturing me to go to her.

"Is Neil around?" was the first thing she asked me.

"No, why?" I questionned.

"Well, I don't want him to know we're dating. I still need to talk to him, let him down easily," she explained.