DELETED SCENE - ABOUT THE TRACKER

In honor of 500K reads, I've decided to write some scenes that truly are deleted, because they're important and should have been there, but there was no place for them in the narrative; not to mention, I wrote this story when I was fifteen.

This scene is when Diana and Peter discuss the tracker and the reason for their breakup, something people have been demanding answers to for quite some time. I did this partly out of spite, because this was all written in subtext, but I'm willing to help ya'll out, I read your comments.

So thank you for 500K reads and welcome back.

○ ○ ○

DELETED SCENE #5ABOUT THE TRACKER

DELETED SCENE #5
ABOUT THE TRACKER

After their trip upstate, they talked about the tracker. Diana knew they were going to have to talk about it eventually, and she still hadn't read the text messages he had sent her during the fateful night when she admitted to him what she had done, because she knew, in the grand scheme of things, it wasn't right.

But in her defense, Peter wouldn't have told her if he had gotten hurt, and for all that she was at one of the lowest points in terms of her mental health, she worried about him. So, yes, she hadn't taken the best course of action, but she was young and communication was never a strong suit in any teenager, something that Nicky insisted they address once things started calming down.

They didn't talk during the drive down, the two staring out their respective windows, their hands touching on the seat between them, headphones crooning their own music; she started searching for happier songs, and Peter was more than happy to give her some recommendations, though he texted them to her, as they both knew that they weren't in the right space to talk.

Happy had glanced at them through the mirror constantly, but only received neutral expressions in return, so he decided not to open his mouth either, but he was more than fine with the silence, if not at least a little off-put.

They didn't talk right away, however, as Peter needed to get home before his aunt got home, and Diana wanted to spend time with her family who promised to talk to her now about their relationship with her overseas family, Flash texting her and letting her know that he and Danny were still talking on their own, which was shocking to say the least.

But the next afternoon, after school, Peter was waiting for her by her locker, knowing that she always waited well after everyone else before she left the classroom; she never packed up when everyone else did, which was frustrating when she needed to get out fast, but she was always shocked back to reality by the bell.

As difficult as it was to say, Diana was avoiding him. She had suggested to her friends that they should try sitting outside, and she used her depression as a reason, saying that she needed more sun, and while that was the case and Nicky had been pestering her about it, that wasn't the whole reason; she didn't want Peter to come up to her and ask her to talk.