33 - MINOR UPGRADE

"I NEED YOU TO HELP ME TRACK PETER

"I NEED YOU TO HELP ME TRACK PETER."

Nicky looked up from where he was peering over Rhett's shoulder, eyes wide. "How did you get in?"

"Rhett made me a key," she said, breathless, motioning towards the man who waved sheepishly. Before either man could open his mouth to speak, she went on, "He got hit by a car yesterday and could have seriously hurt himself and I didn't know. Please."

"Well, Diana, I mean," Nicky began slowly, glancing over at Rhett for support, "He's his own person. He can choose what to tell you—"

"You told me you know someone who could be bleeding to death and they wouldn't ask for any help. Would you tell their friend that if it was them asking?" She stood her ground, fists clenched at her sides, feet firm on the ground. She never stood like this, she was never this sure in her life.

Nicky knew that as well. He rubbed his face. "Have you tried talking to him—"

"He's never around," she said, "Ask Rhett, I tell him everyday! I try to talk to him, I even text and call him, but he won't talk to me. Flash probably freaked him out or he's upset with me or something! I don't know! But I need to make sure he's okay. What if he died and no one knew, I-I couldn't just live with that—"

"I need you to breathe," Nicky said, nearly snapping, "I need you to calm down and think about what you're asking me to do, you're invading his privacy."

"Tony Stark probably does the same," she snapped back, "He made him his suit, it's probably got a bunch of cameras and microphones and I just—I know this is an awful thing to do. I know that. But—"

"Diana," he said, voice too calm, "I need you to think about this. I understand where you're coming from, but you're going to need to justify this, you need to prove to me that Peter is neglecting to take care of himself and you tracking him is in his best interest, not yours."

Her blood boiled at the thought of Nicky believing she was asking him to do this because she was a desperate ex. This wasn't about their relationship, it was about him staying safe. Like she had said, she didn't care about his feelings, she just wanted to keep him alive. She couldn't do that to his aunt.

"Why don't you hack into security footage and see if he's been getting hurt," Rhett suggested, "You do that all the time and, I mean, he hasn't been visiting Diana at all. Also, he's been getting into a bit of trouble, have you been reading the news?"

Nicky scoffed. "I haven't been able to sleep in the past few days, I don't even know." At Diana's concerned look, he sighed. "Family stuff, my step-brother's...an idiot. A really smart idiot."

"Like you," Rhett joked, but no one was laughing. He cleared his throat. "Go check, Nick, I think she's about to cry."

Diana bit her lip, taking a deep breath. "If you point out that I'm going to cry, then, yeah, I'm gonna cry. What is with people announcing that people are going to cry, it's so rude." She thought back to all of her classmates who used to shout that she was about to cry at school all the time after her parents died.