6 - THE BITE

THEIR TOUR GUIDE WAS AN EXCITABLE MAN IN A BOWTIE AND THAT TOLD DIANA EVERYTHING SHE NEEDED TO KNOW ABOUT THE NATURE OF THEIR FIELD TRIP; IT WAS GOING TO BE VERY NERDY, BUT VERY INTERESTING

After their introduction to the museum, they were free to scatter for the first part of the day with instructions to keep an eye on each other and on the clock as they were to meet out in the front at one for lunch before going back inside to watch the demonstration.

Gwen had immediately grabbed Diana and Cindy, whispering angrily about Flash and how much of a jerk he was being.

"He's not even talking to me," she hissed as they checked their map, walking towards the planetary exhibit on Diana's request, "I talk to him and he ignores me, whispering with that Sally girl. She keeps making faces at me and it's really rude."

Cindy and Diana glanced at each other before Cindy moved to comfort Gwen, saying that Sally had a history of being a fairly snotty person. Gwen then argued that she was pretty snotty herself, but she wasn't downright mean. Cindy then proceeded to explain that Gwen wasn't as awful as she had just tried to depict herself.

Harry, who had been listening quietly as this all took place, looked down at Diana who was doing the same thing. "You okay?"

Gwen glanced up and nodded, tugging at her blazer. "Yeah, why?"

He shrugged. "I dunno. Flash hasn't been around much and I was worried that maybe you were getting a little uncomfortable being around just Gwen and me all the time."

Diana shook her head furiously as they moved into the space exhibit, not even looking at it as she spoke, "No way! I love spending time with you guys. You're my friends. I don't need Flash with me all the time."

Harry smiled and threw an arm around her shoulder, moving her towards one of the pictures on the wall, the two of them oohing and ahhing at the image while Gwen and Cindy looked at a model of some of the planets.

"Where's Pluto?" Diana asked, looking at the model of the solar system that hung above them in the middle of the room.

"Pluto isn't considered a planet," a voice replied, coming to stand next to her.

She turned to find Peter also looking up at the model, his camera raised. His shutter went off, but his flash didn't. It was a comforting sight, it let her know he respected rules. What didn't comfort her, however, was his statement.

"The words of humans does not affect the thing itself, Pluto is still a planet," Diana said, crossing her arms.

Peter scoffed, shaking his head. "It's too small! I mean, it just can't be considered a planet considering it's size—"

"Peter Parker, you are one of the smallest kids in our class. Furthermore, Flash is the smallest by far in our class, but he still plays on the football team. You know why? Because he brings something to the team, he completes them. We are not complete without Pluto."