DELETED SCENES

DELETED SCENE #1:JOHNNY AND HARRY'S FIRST DATE

DELETED SCENE #1:
JOHNNY AND HARRY'S FIRST DATE

Johnny Storm was never nervous about dates. Never. He was a suave, smooth talking teenage superhero, he knew how to handle dates. Yet there he was, standing in front of his large mirror, endlessly fiddling with his shirt collar, trying to figure out why he didn't feel as hot as he usually did.

"It's just a boy," a voice said, scaring him half to death.

"Sue!" he screamed, "How long have you been here?"

"Not long," his sister replied, appearing right next to him, causing him to jump back, "But long enough to see that you care a lot about this date. Look, you'll be fine. We've met Harry Osborn before, he's a nice enough kid. Even though his dad is..." she trailed off, letting the silence speak for itself.

"He's nice and pretty and goes to that smart kid school," Johnny breathed, "I just go to public school. In Long Island. He probably knows how to properly use 'whom' in a sentence."

"You'll be fine," Sue scoffed, shoving him out of the bathroom and towards his door, "He's waiting, go on!"

He made his way towards the garage of the Baxter Building, tapping his foot on the floor of the elevator, checking his phone every few minutes. No texts from Harry. He should calm down, Harry was probably calm and relaxed. He shouldn't be so worried.

º º º º º

The restaurant was too fancy. Despite the two of them having gone there multiple times, going there by themselves was completely foreign territory. All the people around them were of the older variety, those under the age of thirty being accompanied by their parents.

Johnny handed the valet his keys, adjusting his shirt as he stepped towards the large doors. He wasn't dressed overly fancy, but he was dressed well enough to be known as someone who belonged.

He looked to the side and found Harry looking around patiently, his jacket in his arms rather than in the coat closet. Johnny's stomach plummeted; people only held onto their jackets if they were planning on making a quick escape from the date.

"H-Harry," he said, walking towards him. He wanted to hit himself; why did he stutter? He gave Harry his winning smile, only to be greeted with a similar one from the other boy.

"Have you been here before?" Johnny asked as they were seated, the waitress giving them a fond, albeit patronizing smile.

"Yes," Harry replied, a bit too formally, "For business prospects with my dad and with his various dates who wanted to get to know me and the like."