[15]: Confused

Previously on Home Is Her...

"Did you hear em?" I nudged Tommy. He nodded. "Who would come?" I asked more myself than him.

He grinned again. "What the bloody hell are you grinnin at?" I whisper yelled.

He nodded his head over to the right where the large dock is. Just under the dock flowed long fawn brown hair that had fallen out of the small cap on top of her head.

Autumn.

~*~

Alex's POV:

No?

Yes?

She can't be here. But damn am I happy to see her. Though she could get hurt. She is strong though. Who the hell is that with her?

I guess I should really be asking myself how she got here?

Are eyes met and instantly I felt a shock run through my sore, aching body. Her eyes lifted and she stood up straighter but remained pressed against the dock to not be seen.

I had so many questions to ask her but my main focus was on how we were going to get out of here.

It's now officially dark out. So dark that I could barely see her beauty. So dark, the ocean that's surrounding our lower halves is black. I force myself to look away from her to not draw attention in her direction. Though it took more strength than anticipated.

I'd be damned to put her in more danger by theses fools.

"They should be headed to rest soon." Tommy muttered. His teeth slightly chattered as the cold waters temperature continues to decrease.

In response, I gave him a small nod. Looking around I saw the commanders heading towards a ship, along with a few soldiers.

"Seems that time is now." I muttered.

I looked to see that Autumn received the hint and began talking to the person that stood beside her. He looked oddly familiar but not familiar enough for me to remember who.

Autumn then turned to me again and began to signal towards the two soldiers in the front. Their backs were facing us.

Quickly understanding, I grabbed Tommy and we pushed through the water and nudged some other British soldiers in the process.

The ones that recognized Autumn from the last go around tagged in. The few that didn't, stayed behind, not trusting or not wanting to work with a women.

With ease, we quietly took out the two soldiers as quickly and silently as possible.

We had everyone stay back to not make a scene as Tommy and I ran to Autumn and the other lad with her.

The anticipation that flew through my body was unexplainable. The closer I moved towards her, the more it began to grow.

Soon enough there she stood in front of me.

She has small tears in her eyes. Her small hand rests over her mouth. I notice her ring is no longer on her finger, the pang in my chest does not go unnoticed but is quickly pushed aside.

"Come here." I spoke softly with my arms opened wide.

Without hesitation, she threw herself into my arms and cried softly into my chest. "I thought you were hurt.."

"Shh, I'm in one piece love." I joked, wanting to lighten the mood.

"I have eyes you jerk." Boy did I miss this women.