[5]: Being Idiotic

Previously on, Home Is Her -
""Why don't you go then pretty lady?" A man said.
Worst part is, most of them agreed."

In all honesty, I'm not always clever when it comes to immediate decisions. I may do some irrational things or just do the first thing that pops in my head. Don't get me wrong, I know that the things I do or have done are stupid, but that doesn't mean I won't do them again.

So that's kinda what I did.

"Why don't you go then pretty lady?" A man said.

I huffed, Alex and Tommy looked at me quickly. I glared daggers at Alex when he gave me a blank face.

Stupid idiot.

He really expected me to let him just toss Gibson over and hope for the best. Huh, over my dead body.

Yet I think that's about to be arranged.

I look at Alex, hmm he can't even tell me to do it, so I shouldn't expect him to stop me either.

I straighten my stance and do one of the most idiotic things I've done in a long time. No, scratch that...the stupidest, most idiotic thing I have ever done in my life.

I went up to the deck and prepared myself to hop off this damn boat.

Before I make it up Alex grabs my arm. "No Autumn." He said sternly.

Hmm, maybe the boy had grown a pair.

"You don't get to tell me what to do." I snapped back.

"I wouldn't just question you for the hell of it, but I'm not letting you do this." He spoke clearly.

Looking into his emerald eyes I say, "Trust me."

He furrows his eyebrows and hesitantly nods.

"Promise you trust me."

"I promise." He releases my arm.

Tommy huffed and disagreed. Before he could pull me back down once more I scurry to the top deck.

Though Tommy kept yelling at me to stop, I didn't. I wasn't going to let Gibson go first nor was I going to let them send Tommy over first either, so what better idea than to go up myself.

Ohhhh Autumn, you really outdid yourself this time didn't ya?

As I stood there, nothing happened. Well this is strange. Tommy sprints up and throws me into the ice cold water and dives in right after me. "You idiot girl!!" Tommy yells as we swim. I chuckle and soon the other men begin to jump in after us.

"I got us out of that boat, did I not?"

Tommy smirks and continues to swim.

I may be mad at him but I frantically looked around for Alex. As I'm looking around I see that the water is no longer a clear blue, it's black. Oil.

The oil is making it much harder to swim and the oversized life jacket is holding me back.

I begin to get tired, not having enough energy in my body.

"Come on Autumn, you are not going to die like this." I root myself on, trying to push myself closer to the boats.

I start painting harder and I have lost all sight of Tommy. I'm left alone, no Tommy, no Gibson, and no Alex.

My eyelids begin to get heavy and I almost come to a complete halt.

When I think all is over and the oil filled, high wave water is going to take me, I see a green eyed devil swimming towards me.

Have I gone mental or is that who I think it is.

"Don't even think about it Hazel." Alex says out of breath as he grabs my life jacket and pulls me with him over to the closest boat.

"I made you a promise Hazel, even if you hate me the most, I am still getting you home."

I smile and do all I can to help us move quicker to the boat.

"Here comes more soldiers Mr. Dawson!" A young boy yells.

"Well quit talkin and pull em up Peter!" An older man yells back.

"Her fist mate." Alex said to the boy, in which the boy listened and grabbed my hands and pulled me up into the boat.

They quickly pull Alex in right after me.

I prop my sitting self up, leaning against the side. "You did it Alex." I smiled looking over to him and he places himself next to me.

He grabs my hand "We did it Hazel." He smiled back to me.

~*~

Watcha Think?

Please comment and like, it helps a lot!!!

This is probably one of the shortest chapters in this story but it helps lead into the very eventful, crazy upcoming chapters.

Till The Next Chapter🖤