[8]: Home

Play song now :)

"I SEE IT!!" I yell pointing to the green land ahead. Home.

Tommy and Alex stand on either side of me laughing as I jump around in joy.

"We did it you idiots!!! WE SURVIVED!!" I yell as happy tears run down my eyes.

Men around me laughed and cheered. I grabbed Alex and Tommy's hands and pulled them in for a big group hug. They hugged back.

"Okay okay, you guys smell horrible, let go." I groan.

"Speck for yourself love." Alex replied with a chuckle.

"He's got a point there." Tommy agreed.

"SHUT IT!!!" I snapped moving back to look at home.

Damn, I can't wait to take a shower. Just a few hours ago I didn't think I would ever see this place again. Small tears ran down my cheeks as I think of Papa. He'd be proud, I know he would be.

When the boat stops moving, we all hop off. "They're going to look at me in disgust and disappointment." I said softly.

All the men argued against my comment. They all talked at once, that I couldn't even make out what they were saying.

"If anything Autumn, they will be shocked. They will look at you with respect." Tommy said, ruffling my already tangled hair.

"Plus, if they say anything bad, I'll kick their ass." Alex adds smirking at me.

I roll my eyes and nudge him.

We begin walking down the road to the train. People lined up left to right cheering. Alex smiled and waved. Not everyone looked happy but that wasn't what I was focused on.

Men and women offered us blankets and bread. As we walked down the loading dock.

People looked at me strangely while others held there head up to me. Little girls pointed and jumped around when they saw me.

We entered the train. I sit myself next to Alex while Tommy sat across from us.

"There ashamed." Alex said looking down.

I moved closer to him and rubbed his arm, "No Alex, not all of them." I reassured him.

"That one man couldn't even look me in the eyes."

"The poor man was blind you idiot." Tommy said back.

Alex looked up and glared while I shook my head and chuckled.

After awhile the train began going past a group of young boys working. Alex opened the windows and asked a boy for a newspaper.

Alex threw the paper at Tommy, "You read it, I can't bring myself to do it." Alex said running his hands across his face.

Tommy nodded and sat there going through the paper. I jumped from my seat and sat next to Tommy looking at the paler with him.

People weren't upset with us. People looked up to us. We had survived and returned. No shame was brought to us. Doing so much as returning from Dunkirk is enough to be a hero, and that's what every man and women of Dunkirk were. A hero.

After the train stoped, people began running out and looking around for their family and friends. Tommy, Alex and I were in no rush.

"So Tommy, got anyone to head home to?" Alex asked him.

"My mum." He smiled.

"Then what are you doing you fool, go find her." I smiled shoving him.

He stopped me and pulled Alex and I in a big hug.

"This isn't the last time I'll see you two, ye hear me?" Tommy yelled as he walked away pointing at us.

"Loud and clear!" I yelled back smiling.

Once Tommy was out of view, I turned to Alex. Seeing that he was already looking down at me. He had a puzzled look written on his face.

"Ale.." he cut me off and pulled me up into his arms. I wrapped my legs around his waist not wanting to fall.

"We Autumn Smith, ARE HOME!!" He yelled spinning me around, feathering kisses all over my face.

All I could do was laugh and wrap my arms around his neck.

After we both settled down, he put me back on my feet.

"Where to now?" I asked grabbing his hand.

"Home." He said

"We are home." I rolled my eyes.

"No." He said pulling me closer. "My house....our house."

"Are you sir, asking me to come live with you?" I said smiling ear to ear.

"I sure am Ms. Smith." Alex responded.

"Then what are we waiting for....I want a damn shower." I said going around him and hopping on his back.

He laughed and put his hands under my thighs to hold me up and began walking down the cobble road.

~*~

What was your favorite part of the chapter?

Please comment and vote on this story, it really helps!!

Till The Next Chapter🖤