[6]: The Apology

Previously on, Home Is Her -
"I prop my sitting self up, leaning against the side. "You did it Alex." I smiled looking over to him and he places himself next to me.

He grabs my hand "We did it Hazel." He smiled back to me."

After a short time I could tell Alex wanted to say something but wouldn't.

"Spit it out." I chuckle to him.

He cleared his throat, "Erm, back there on the boat, I um, I wasn't being myself." He pauses, "I'm sorry Autumn."

I look over at him and was at first shocked over the fact he said my real name, then I smile. Pulling my small sitting frame up to his cheek, I pressed my lips to his skin. "You are forgiven."

He grins and puts an arm around my shoulders.

"OH MY GOD!" I said with a gasp and hopped up.

"What?!? Are you ok?" Alex asked getting up next to me quickly.

I turn on my heels and face the men giving me strange looks. "TOMMY!" I walk though the men.

"TOMMY YOU BLOODY FOOL, WHERE ARE YOU!" I pushed my way through many men, "YOU BETTER NOT BE DEAD!"

"Autumn, all of Dunkirk can hear you, will you please shut your trap." Tommy said leaning against the edge of the boat, smiling at me.

I smile and run up to him, hugging him tightly. When we pulled away I looked up at him, "Gibson?"

Tommy looks at his feet and shakes his head left to right. I gave him a sad look and looked down at my wet boots.

"But hey, we're going home. We are actually going home!" Tommy sang.

"I know." I said in a sad voice, "I was just hoping all four of us would celebrate together." I sighed. "All I wanted was to come here and help the people fighting for my country. I want to be more than a maiden who sat at home and cooked and cleaned. I wanted to be known for something. I want to die and have others remember me as 'the woman who fought and survived Dunkirk'. But I'm going to return home as nothing but a coward who couldn't even save her own father."

"Hey! Don't say that about yourself. You were brave enough to come out here in the first place. Many men couldn't even do that." He said rubbing my back.

"Still wish things could be different." I shrug

Tommy frowned and pulled me close. "Me too, me too love. But everything is okay now love."

"There is still a war going on Tommy."

But we 've done the best we could for right now. We survived. We are heading to our home right now. You Autumn Smith, survived Dunkirk. If no one will remember the brave women standing in front of me right now, I know I sure as hell will." Tommy smiled at me.

"Thank you Tommy."

"This is the greatest gift I could ask for at this very moment." He spoke softly.

"And what is that?" I ask looking up at him.

"Being here, on this boat that is taking us home." He said placing his palms on either side of my face, "with you."

With those last two words, Tommy placed his lips on my own.

~*~

Uh oh....

What team are you on, Team Tommy or Team Alex?

Leave a prediction on what you think will happen next.

Please comment and like, it helps a lot!!!

Till The Next Chapter🖤