[1]: Arrival

The date was May 25th, 1940. The final days where my feet met with the ground of my beloved home in England. Being a young twenty year old women in a time like this is not easy. Men thinking you're lower than them. People looking at you like you are weaker than a bloody feather.

I'd be damned if I let a man lower my head to his feet. Being forced to stay at home while they go out and risk their lives for their families and country while us women sit back and mend for our household.

When my father asked me to travel to the treacherous place called Dunkirk I didn't pass it up.

Some may say I'm weak or incapable, but all I have to do is hold my head up high and hope they don't get their knickers in a twist.

Since I was a young girl, I have held a passion in medicine. Though I am a women and they won't trust someone's life to be held in the hands of a female doctor, I am one hell of a nurse.

Before my mum died she taught me everything she knew and I have continued to grow in my studies. So when my father mentioned he needed a nurse with the best training, of course I offered.

Don't be fooled, of course he did not accept my request but just yesterday a man had came knocking on my door saying I have been requested in Dunkirk by Captain Smith as soon as possible.

Being the lady I am, I didn't listen to my fathers rules and I sure as hell didn't wear a dress. I slipped on the smallest pair of ugly light brown uniform pants along with a matching small, tight brown v-neck shirt. To finish the look I slipped on a jacket and put my long brown hair in bunch(ponytail) on the top of my head.

I should inform you all that I did in fact steal all of this at the boarding area before I left for Dunkirk.

Skipping all the boring details, let's move on to the date of May 26th, 1940, the present date.

So let me give you the run down of what just happened. Let's just say my luck game isn't going very strong.

I am currently running away from the shots of death. I lost my jacket about an hour ago when the boat I came here on was shot down and everyone on board, well not everyone...I'm still here.

A bullet just skimmed my arm and I yelp, "bloody hell!" I scold as I sprinted around the corner of a tall abandon house.

A strong grip came around my arm and I was pulled to the left. I was about to scream murder when the man in front of me placed a hand over my mouth.

"English, English." The man or should I say boy repeated.

I nod as his hand left my mouth. "You're a girl?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"I am, was it the hair that gave it away or wait, maybe the boobs?" I said in a sarcastic voice.

" Eh bitter one I see." He said with a smirk, " 'm Tommy, and you are..?"

"Autumn, Autumn Smith." I spoke proudly.

He nodded and carefully looked around the corner, "I suppose we should go before we get gunned down along the others."

"Wise choice." I nodded and followed behind Tommy as we ran down an old brink road between buildings. Once more we are being shot at and Tommy roughly grabs my arm and pulls me behind a building.

"ENGLISH, WERE ENGLISH!!" He shouts over the gunshots. Suddenly they stop and we carefully moves from behind the narrow space.

We lightly jog over to the men and over the barrier. After getting some strange looks we made it to the beach.

"What an eventful morning, eh?" Tommy spoke in a joking manner as we walked over to another man.

"You could say that." I smile, "I should head to where my father stands, pleasure meeting you Tommy."