[7]: Love Triangle

Don't play the song yet, there will be a note in the story to tell you when to play it.

The song will create more emotion in the scene :)

Previously on, Home Is Her -
""This is the greatest gift I could ask for at this very moment." He spoke softly.

"And what is that?" I ask looking up at him.

"Being here, on this boat that is taking us home." He said placing his palms on either side of my face, "with you."

With those last two words, Tommy placed his lips on my own."

I gasp and freeze in my place as Tommy pressed his lips against my own. This isn't right. Yet why haven't I moved.

Things were cut short though when Tommy's body was harshly pushed away from my own.

"What in the bloody hell!" Alex yells, holding Tommy's jacket collar, looking between Tommy and I.

"Alex it wa..." I was cut off by Tommy.

"Let go of me mate." He huffed, "I didn't know you felt such strong feelings for Autumn, but if you do...know that you aren't the only one." Tommy said looking at Alex as Alex began to fume.

Please step around the jaw that has fallen to the ground, thank you.

What is happening? Have these poor boys gone mental? Why the hell would they go after me, a stupid girl who came to Dunkirk?

My thoughts are interrupted when I see Alex's fist crashing against Tommy's face. "What gives you the right Tommy?"

Tommy places a hand over his jaw, "Speak for yourself Alex!! You don't own the girl, neither of us do."

Alex pulls away from Tommy and looks at me with sad eyes.

"Shows over men!!" Mr. Dawson says waving the men off.

"Why don't you kids go talk below deck?" Mr. Dawson suggests.

"That won't be necessary, thank you." Alex gave him a sad yet angry smile and walked off.

*Play The Song*

What will it be Autumn? Run to Alex or stay here with Tommy.

It took me a lot quicker than what I thought, but I have made my decision...

I kneel down next to Tommy and help him to his feet. "Are you okay Tommy?" I ask

He nods.

"Tommy, you have been a friend to me from the start, you have one of the kindest hearts I have even seen in my years of living. You always know what to say and care about the wellbeing of others." Tommy smiles and looks down at me.

"But....even if this is a great mistake I am making, I have to go to Alex. You are the greatest friend I could ever ask for. But Alex, he's special." I smile down at my shoes just thinking about him.

Tommy nods, "From the moment you two saw each other under that dock after the ship sank, I knew I didn't stand a chance while Alex stood next to you in the picture, but that doesn't mean I wasn't going to give it a try."

"Watch out Tommy, you're starting to sound like me." We both chuckle and I hug Tommy before I start looking for Alex on this crowded boat.

"Hey Peter, have you seen Alex?" I ask.

"Uh yeah, he just helped me carry George's body into a small room below deck." He answered.

"George?" I question.

Peter rubbed the back of his neck. "He was a hero you know? We traveled all the way over here to Dunkirk to rescue as many as we could. He died saving hundreds." A small tear rolled down his cheek.

I pulled Peter into an embrace. "Sorry won't bring him back, but I am sorry." I whisper into his ear. I felt him nod on my shoulder. "I'm sorry you even had to come here, but you have no idea how thankful I am to you, George and Mr. Dawson, you guys really did save us all."

I smiled and rubbed his back. "I'm going to go find Alex."

"Wait!" Peter said grabbing my arm, "who are you?"

I smiled at him, "Autumn Smith." And with that I turned around and made my way below deck.

When I reach the bottom, I see Alex in a small room in the far back with the door opened. He's sitting on a small bed, slumped over with his elbows on his knees and his head hanging low.

I slowly made my way over to him.

I know he knows it's me because he doesn't bother to move when I entered. I closed the small door behind me, so no one would listen to our conversation.

I kneeled down in front of him and placed my finger under his chin. I lifted his chin up to where I could see his green eyes looking into my own.

"I didn't kiss Tommy." I spoke in a serious tone.

"I didn't choose Tommy." I leaned in closer.

"Tommy isn't the one I want." My lips brushed his.

"I'm not Tommy's Hazel, I'm yours." After the final word, my lips attached to his cold ones.

He didn't waist any time to respond. As our lips moved against each other, it was as if time had stopped. Are surroundings disappeared.

Alex lifted me from the ground, not breaking the kiss. He pulled me on his lap so I am now straddling him.

His masculine hands rested on my waist as mine went around his neck.

He slowly pulled away causing me to pout. He smiled at me and pecked my lips one last time. "I would love to continue this Hazel, damn do I, but we should head back up."

I nodded and removed myself from his lap. Before I opened the door he grabbed my hand and pulled me into his arms.

"Thank you." He mumbled as he nuzzled his head into the crook of my neck.

"For?" I asked

"Giving my a reason." He replied softly. I smiled and pulled him impossibly closer.

~*~
Autumn chose Alex!!! Surprised?....probably not XD

If you're liking the story, please comment and vote!!!

Till The Next Chapter🖤