[10]: It's Not Over Hazel

I had to add in one of Harry's songs :)
Play it whenever.

The date is now May 30th, 1940. We haven't been home long but these last few days have been the best days of my life.

I have officially moved into Alex's house and I'm helping out at a local clinic. Alex has been keeping eyes on troops and keeping an eye on the war.

I haven't heard from poor Tommy since we parted ways at the train station. I hope he's doing alright. Pete on the other hand was banging on my door just the other day showing me a picture on the 'heroic George' in the paper. I couldn't be happier for him and his family.

Being back home has been great but if I'm being honest, it's slightly boring. Alex has been out everyday and the clinic hasn't been busy at all, leaving me to do the thing I hate the most....being a housewife.

Though I'm not anyone's wife, that is just the best way to describe it.

"HAZEL!!" Alex shouts as he bursts through the door.

"No need to shout love, I'm still here." I laugh and hug him.

He presses his lips to my cheek. "Get dressed up Hazel, I'm taking you out."

I smiled from ear to ear and ran to the bedroom, not giving his request a second thought.

I put on a light blue, long sleeveless dress. My long hair is falling down my back in loose waves. I put on a pair on white flats and run back into the lounge.

I twirl in front of Alex and he smiles, "Beautiful." I blush and put my hand in his.

"Where are we going?" I ask anxiously.

"You'll see." I pout but follow him anyway. It's currently mid day and the sun is getting ready to set.

"The dock?" I ask as I see it in the distance.

Alex stops in his steps and turns to face me. "Patients Love." He kisses my forehead and continues walking. I huff and follow.

He finally stops at the end of the dock where there's a perfect view of the sun setting.

"Why'd you bring me here?" I ask curiously.

"Look out over the ocean." He says. I stand facing the ocean, resting my elbows on the wooden fence on the dock. Alex places both his arms on either sides of mine, trapping me between them.

"You see those dark blotches way in the distance." He asks, pointing in the distance.

"Yes"

"Somewhere in that area is the place where I first laid my eyes on you." He said softly.

I shuffle between his arms and face him. I wrap my arms around his neck and looked into his eyes.

"I love you Autumn." Alex says looking into my Hazel eyes as I look into his emerald ones.

"I love you Alex." I say before pressing my lips against his.

We both turn back to the sunset and ocean.

"I have to tell you something Hazel."

"Hmm" I wait a little longer than expected, "spit it out Alex."

"My time in Dunkirk isn't over Autumn."

Have I gone mental or did I hear that correctly.

"Pardon?" I say facing him.

"I'm being drafted out again. The war isn't over." Alex says with his head down.

I hold my hands together and nod up and down slowly, biting my lip tightly to prevent my sobs.

"When?" My voice came out raspy.

"June 1st, 1940."

THATS IN WHAT, TWO DAYS?!?" I shout pacing, "How long have you known?" I ask running my hands though my hair.

"I found out this morning." He answered looking down.

I couldn't hold the tears any longer. Tear after tear fell down my cheeks.

Alex walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me. "We will get through this Hazel, we always do."

I hug him tighter, " I don't want you to leave me." I say into his neck.

"I don't want to leave you." He responds

"I love you so much." I cry.

I felt a wetness on my neck and look up to see that his beautiful emerald eyes are red, "I love you more than I even thought possible." He said, softly running his thumb over my cheek bone.

"I will return to you, I will be home as soon as I can. But before I go, you have to make me a promise." He said hold my hands.

"Anything."

"Marry me." He said smiling. "We haven't known each other long, but damn Hazel, a world where you're not in it, that ain't no world."

"Get on one knee and we have ourselves a deal." I smirked crossing my arms.

He let out a humorous laugh and got on one knee and pulled out a small black box.

"Autumn Smith, will you become more than just my other half but my whole and do me the greatest honor and marry me?" He said with a snarky grin.

I squeal, "YES YES YES!!" I laugh and let Alex put on the silver band with three diamonds in the middle on my ring finger.

"It's beautiful." I say

"It was my mother's." Alex smiles and pulls me into his arms and kisses me. "I have one more surprise."

"You spoil me Alex." He just smiles and waves his hand.

Tommy appears around the corner and I yelp.

"TOMMY!!" I run up to him and wrap my arms around him. "You're still alive!" I say happily.

"I won't be if you squeeze me to death." He chuckles.

I roll my eyes and hit his shoulder. "So are you going back to Dunkirk as well?" He looks at his feet and nods.

"I'm afraid so." He says sadly, "But we'll be back in no time." He winks.

"He's right" Alex steps in wrapping his arms around my waist. "Do you trust me Hazel?"

"Always." I reply, leaning into him.

"Do you promise Hazel?" He says giving me a flashback of the time I asked him that back in Dunkirk.

I wrap my arms around his neck and lean my forehead on his...

"I promise."

Not exactly what her dress looks like in my head but something like that :)

~*~

Till The Next Chapter🖤