-Twenty-Six-

I was loving being able to live in the forests around Wakanda, they were always full of new things.

I learned what animals I could eat, and I also learned that the colorful frogs were not to be eaten, Shuri scolded me for that after I got sick.

I'd made myself a small cave near the base of Shuri's lab, not many people visited me though.

They only came down with their medical equipment before they'd leave me be.

I sensed something different in the air today, the animals were nervous, so it made me nervous.

I was sniffing at the trail of my to-be breakfast when I smelled something off in the wind, I raised my head to get a better whiff.

That's when I felt it, something jammed into my side. I gave a startled screech before I took off running through the trees.

I heard a type of battle cry before someone, or something, started chasing after me.

I pushed myself to go faster, but my legs were starting to get harder and harder to move, my vision blurred and swirled.

I gave a last ditch effort to save myself, which was to jump into the nearest tree before my legs could no longer hold me and my vision failed.
.
.
.
I woke up in another cage, this one was not made of the black sand.

It was made out of a sturdy metal, I knew this because I hit it with my tail with no effect.

I heard a deep laugh from behind me, I turned towards it with a snarl.

"To think that he just let this walk around. This gold mine!" the man was saying.

I stuck my muzzle as far as I could through the bars to try to snap at him.

"How long has it been here?" the man demanded as he used a staff he had to hit me on the nose.

I grabbed it in my jaws and threw it across the room with a deep growl.

He gave me a look of distaste as someone answered, "Since the incident between Iron Man and Captain America,".

The man gave me a smirk, "So this was their wild card."