-Twenty-

I woke up in a cage, I was no longer in a room of my own, but a cage. An actual, barred cage. I was groggy, but furious.

It took me a while to be able to stand up, but I started to bite the bars when I was completely upright.

"I do not suggest biting that, I may have replaced your tail, but that does not mean I will do the same for your teeth " I heard from the other side of the room.

I hissed in reply.

"Be grumpy all you want, you are only in there so I can see how you adjust to the prosthetic," she added as she turned around and walked over to the cage.

I looked at where my tail used to be and sure enough, there was a shining metal replacement. It was the same size as my other one, but a lot shinier. How would I be able to sneak anywhere?

I sniffed at it, it didn't smell heavily metallic, it was barely noticeable.

I looked back at the girl, who was standing just out of my reach, "Now, Clint says you understand human speech, your brain scans say you can as well. So, I need you to try to run,".

I stared at her, there was barely any room in this cage for taking two steps, how did she expect me to run?

She tapped on the tablet and one side of the cage just fell to the floor like sand.

I lowered my head to look at it, it looked like sand as well. It'd simply crumbled.

I looked back at her cautiously, "If you attack me, the same will happen to your tail," she warned as she walked over to a desk.

"Now run," and so I did.