-Thirteen-

Delta's screech was loud and it echoed, it was obvious she was in pain.

"Delta!" I hadn't seen her in a while.

Pietro appeared near Wanda with Scott. "She went after the jet," Pietro called as I jogged over.

Soldiers came from inside of the airport and surrounded us.

I dropped my bow, knowing it was useless fighting.

I could still hear Delta's screeches from the field, another batch of soldiers went towards Delta.

"Let me help her, she's hurting," I told one of them as I took a step forward.

They only focused their weapons on me, "Don't take another step," one of them warned.

"Let me help you get her, she won't hurt me," I was met with silence for a few moments before the soldier in front of me motioned three soldiers to take me.

They lead me out to the field, I could see Delta flailing half in half out of a small crater.

Tony was dragging Rhodey's suit out of it, it seemed to make Delta to scream more.

I ran past the soldiers and into the crater, putting a hand on Delta's neck.

I looked at Tony as he flew off with Rhodey, heading to the ambulance without sparing me a glance.

Delta continued to flail and screech as I looked for what was hurting her.

The shield that came from her tail as crushed so badly that it wouldn't reform.

I started unlatching her armor, pulling it off; I undid the tail latches last.

Her tail was completely crushed, it didn't even look like a tail anymore.

A small bag was tossed into the dirt, one of the soldiers was standing on the grass, watching Delta warily.

I opened the bag, it was tranquilizer darts.

Delta was still kicking and screaming when I uncapped one of the darts and put it in her flank.

I did the same with three other darts, her screeches slowed to a halt as the drugs worked into her system.