-Sixteen-

The next time I woke up, I was on a mattress, I could feel multiple someones petting me. One on my muzzle, one on my neck, and one on my side.

"I think she's waking up," I heard a feminine voice say.

The hand on my muzzle stopped and moved to under my jaw, another hand joined it.

My eyes felt heavy, but I managed to open them.

"There she is," Clint. It was Clint.

I gave a close-mouthed chatter as I blinked slowly.

"Hey Delta," Pietro and Wanda's face both moved into my vision.

"What is wrong with her?" Pietro asked as he put a hand on my face.

"She was really drugged up, T'Challa's keeping her that way until he can find a way to heal her,".

I moved to put my back leg beneath my body to get up.

Clint pushed Pietro and Wanda back a bit, "Hey, hey, hey, hey, easy,".

I growled and continued to try to stand.

Clint put a hand on my back, trying to keep me laying down.

I flopped over onto my side with a groan.

Clint moved his hand to my neck. "You can't get up yet Delta, you took a hit,".

I grabbed Clint's shirt in my jaws and pulled him onto the mattress. He gave a startled noise before I grabbed Pietro and Wanda as well.

I shifted to curl up around the three, but my tail didn't move around them.

I moved my head to look at what was wrong with it before I remembered what I'd heard earlier.

'Why did they take her tail?'

My tail was gone, there was just a little nub at the base of where it used to be, heavily covered in gauze that was starting to dot red.

So it was me. I lost my tail saving Rhodey's life, or at least I hope I did...

I started trying to get up again.

Clint moved back over and put a hand on my back, "It's okay, hey, Delta," Clint gave Pietro and Wanda a look.

Wanda's magic swirled near her hands before extending towards me.

Everything went black as soon as it touched me.