It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {17}

Author's Note:

I uploaded pretty quickly because yesterday I just started writing and writing. I bed you'll have mixed

feelings about this chapter. its kinda sad.

anyways. please vote!

-the velvet rose-

................................................................................................................................................

Recap:

"I hope we stay here longer then the rest of the places" I sighed.

"Why?" Penelope asked.

"We just move so much. And I like this place better then the other two places"

"You must have seen the pool then" She laughed.

"There's a pool!" I screamed. Then dashed downstairs and outside.

Sure enough. There was a pool. Nice sized. Not a big one. But still. Underground and the deep end was 9ft. The shallow end was 2ft.

I smiled. I'm gonna love it here..

...................................................................................................................................

1 week later

(Penelope's POV)

Zack walked in and kissed Samantha. Then left to go cook supper. Samantha followed him. I sat in the bedroom alone.

Then Jack walked in. I scowled.

"Its bothering you. isn't it?" He asked. Slight amusement in his voice.

"Don't be so happy" I sighed.

"I'm not. I'm just relieved I'm not the only loser in this house"

"I'm not a loser"

"Whatever you say. Why not tell Zack then?"

"I'm not going to ruin our friendship" I stated bluntly.

"So your going to live lonely and helpless while the man you love is off with another woman?" He asked.

That stung. I scowled at him and stormed off into the bathroom. When I heard him leave. I went downstairs and into the kitchen.

Zack was cooking over the stove. When I entered, he smiled.

"Hey Penny" He greeted.

"Hey Zack" I smiled.

"Supper will be ready in ten minutes or so"

"Cool"

He looked at me with an eyebrow raised. My heart fluttered. I know I'm older then him. I'm almost 29. He's almost 24. But.. Age doesn't matter to me. Not one bit.

"What's wrong Penny?" He asked.

"I need to tell you something" I whispered.

"What?"

"I-I... I have feelings for you.. More then just feelings.. I.. I think I love you" I stuttered.

I was very surprised I was able to say all of that. And not run off. He stared blankly at me. What did I expect? For him to say he feels the same way? For him to kiss me and hold me?

I wasn't sure what to expect.

"Please say something" I told him.

"What should I say?" He asked.