It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {16}

Author's Note:

I get so excited when I post another chapter :)

This one is different. it has Penelope's POV.

And Jack keeps a big secret :O

hope you like it.

Please vote! its easy to do. :)

-the velvet rose-

..............................................................................................................................................

Recap:

It's nice to travel. Zack and Penelope laughed and talked a lot. I joined in several times. But mainly talked to Jack or slept.

Jack drove over six hours straight. No break. Then Zack drove. I sat in the back with Jack because I wanted to watch a movie.

Zack didn't want to sit near Jack. And the same with Penelope. I felt bad for Jack. But he didn't look affected.

Zack hasn't really talked to Jack. He's shutting him out I think. I feel like I should be glue. Holding us all together.

Jack and I watched The Bourne Ultimatum and I secretly was taking notes in my mind.

We have a long trip ahead of us...

....................................................................................................................................

I pulled the van up to a park office. It was 8pm. We have been driving since about 5am. With very few stops.

Jack woke up in the passenger seat when I stopped.

"I'll pay and get a spot" He murmured.

He put his hat on and hopped out of the van.

"I'm not sleeping anywhere near him" Zack growled.

"What has he done now?" I asked annoyed.

Zack got quiet. Either he couldn't think of what he has done. Or didn't want to talk about it.

Jack came back and put a card in the dashboard. Saying what site number we are staying in.

I drove up to the place deep in the woods. Where no one can hear your scream.. I smiled evilly.

"I'll help with the tent or wood" I told them.

"You shouldn't be doing either" Jack said.

"Why not? What can I do?"

"Lifting wood being two and a half weeks pregnant isn't good. And you'll just get in the way building the tent. You can blow up the mattress!" He said the last part with fake excitement.

"Oh gee. Thanks" I muttered sarcastically.

Zack and Jack set up the tent wordlessly. Penelope built the fire. The girls carried twigs to keep the fire going. I blew up the mattresses.

The tent was more of a circle shape then an oval. It had two doors. Jack slept horizontal. So right when you walk in. he's right there.

I slept on the right side. Vertical to Jack.

Zack slept in front of the back door, horizontal like Jack. Then Penelope slept on the left side. Opposite to me.

The girls slept on the queen sized mattress in the middle.

It was an interesting pattern.

Penelope, the girls, and I grabbed our bags and went to the bathrooms for a shower.