48: Gianna

1h

"You're honestly so ugly

"You're honestly so ugly." The nineteen-year-old giggled, her small hands gripping Cody's chin in a loving manner, squishing his cheeks as she felt the slight stubble that he was growing. Her boyfriend stitched his eyebrows in amusement, his hand squeezing her side in a loving manner.

"You definitely weren't saying that last night."
He whispered, a small smirk tugging at his lips as Gianna scornfully slapped his chest, "Plus, it's terrible lighting."He added, looking at the picture his girlfriend had posted on her instastories for her followers to see. Gianna rolled her eyes, locking her phone in the process before placing it next to Cody's phone.

A content sighed left his lips as he brought her smaller body closer to his on his lap, drawing imaginary shapes on her jeaned thigh, and his other hand draped over her shoulder, Gianna leaning into the crook of his neck. Moments like those were what made him realized how much he was growing to rely on her. How, despite whatever she was doing, she found time to be his number one supporter the same way he did. Maybe that's what had pushed him to buy the diamond ring that was hidden the back of his drawers waiting for him to give it to his missus.

Jennifer entered the dressing room where Gianna and Cody were, their attention all to focused on whatever Cody was showing his girlfriend. A small smile spread on her lips as she thought back to the days where Clay and she were first dating, but it seemed that what Cody and Gianna endured the last month was nothing of what they had endured during their marriage. Clay had even reassured that it made a relationship stronger after that night Cody, his mother and his sister Ashli came back from helping him pick out the perfect ring.

It almost made Jennifer feel her heart do some sort of cartwheel because she didn't actually picture the day coming so soon that her son would be married off to the woman of his dreams- which was understandable because the woman absolutely adored Gianna. When they first met almost a year back, when Cody was still pursuing her. The way she carried herself with maturity, her shy eyes filling themselves with adoration when she looked at Cody and the smile that only seemed to grow- that's when she knew that Gianna was exactly what she had prayed for her son.

"She's not much of the type to wear jewelry." Cody furrowed his eyebrows looking at the endless variety of rings that the woman had displayed in front of him, "Well she only wears this ring, wherein the inside it has all the initials of her nephews." He later noted. The woman nodded, understanding that Gianna also lived a chaotic life. Traveling around the world kicking a ball inside of a net, "But I want a ring that is almost a beautiful as her."

Ashli shook her head. Her brother was nowhere good with words and he was going to get nowhere if he kept contradicting himself, "What he's trying to say is that he wants something simple but eye-catching."

The woman finally pulled a set of rings out, and that's when Cody saw the one. The oval diamond was surrounded by smaller jewels, laying on a silver band.

Gianna sat next to Jennifer, as the cameras focused on Cody. Cheers erupted from the crowd's voice when he was presented, "Do you have any superstitions?" Jimmy asked as Cody shifted in his seat, turning to look at the man with a smile.

"Uh- not necessarily" He replied, "I like to eat the same breakfast." and Gianna shook her head, as she looked at her mother in law who tried to contain the laughter that wanted to leave her lips. 

"Here we go," Clay muttered under his breath and Gianna giggled. 

"What do you have? What's for breakfast?" 

Cody made a movement with neck, looking at the talk host, "I go to IHOP every morning-." He wasn't done with his sentence when the crowd started cheering, a chuckle leaving Jimmy's throat, "Every morning I get the banana-Nutella crepe, with hashbrown bacon and eggs baked to medium." He responded, nodding, "I ride my scooter there." That's when Gianna let out a snort, shaking her head remembering how he at first made her drive them there the first time in their relationship, but Cody quickly came to a realization that his girlfriend couldn't parallel park either. 

"You said you could." he retorted once they were back at his apartment and Gianna poured orange juice in their respective glasses, "You are sucky." Gianna scoffed at his choice of words as she began taking a strip of his bacon. 

"At least I can actually parallel park," She retorted, "Unlike you, old man." Cody widened his eyes as Gianna spotted a smug smirk on her lips, "You're the sucky one."'

Later that day, as Gianna had returned from the gym she saw Cody sitting in their room with the laptop in front of him, his eyebrows stitched in concentration, "Whatchu working on?" She asked as she plopped herself right next to him only to have Cody show her the Amazon website where he was looking at different types of scooters, "Why?" She only asked. 

"I think I'm leaning more towards this matte black one." He spoke completely ignoring her question, "It's not that expensive." 

"I was just reading the interview you gave not too long ago, about your girlfriend-  also happens to be an athlete, " Jimmy cleared his throat looking at the ballplayer suggestively, "You said how beyond supportive she is and despite the age difference." Cody nodded, turning slightly to where his parents and Gianna sat front row. 

"Yeah, she's great," Cody began, "It's really nice having her around right now because she's currently crippled. " 

"I heard she tore her ACL, so she's going to all your games?"

Cody chuckled, "Yeah! She's my loudest supporter right after my parents. It's nice to have her." 

"and she's here?" and Gianna felt all eyes on her, the camera now focusing on her reddened cheeks as she waved, "Hi Gianna." Jimmy was heard as Gianna laughed waving back.

"How's being this man's girlfriend? A real stud?"

Gianna nodded, laughter continuing to pour, "The biggest." 

/////

What a cute update!!! and Cody is proposing soon!!!