93

9:30am

Laying on her side, the time elapse was still going off on their phones. 5 minutes. 10 minutes. Then 15 minutes, until the nurses finally decided to start her on oxygen to help her breathing.

11:30am

It was the second time Gianna's contractions had gone for more than what was usual. In midst of the pain, she could here her nurses tell Cody that if this continued to happen she would need have a c-section. Cody confused and concerned as any first time parent didn't know how to respond or why the contractions where such a concern to Gianna's medical team. A brunette nurse who was pregnant as well smiled grimly at the couple, "She's contracting the baby for too long and every time she does she's sending him into distress."

2:45pm

There were tears forming in her eyes. Gianna had been in labor for fourteen hours and she refused to receive any pain medication- she wanted to feel it all.

3:30pm

Her doctor finally came in. The woman who she had seen plenty in seven months of pregnancy explained to her that they were going to wait awhile longer to finally induce her.

She was 6cm dilated in almost fifteen hours of labor.

Possibilities of her having a c-section were high. Especially it being a premature labor.

9:07pm

Cody have been awake for God knew how long. It was starting to show. His family had finally made it int from Arizona. Mariana and Kike had returned after resting up. The waiting room was full of people concerned for them.

They finally moved the never the parents to and their never ending guest to a private suite.

At this time Gianna was still 6cm dilated and in 21  hours  worth of labor.

Contractions were every three minuets now.

C-section had been confirmed. Having a natural labor was all too risky for the baby's health.

10:30pm

Gianna had her first breakdown that week. With the chatter of the OR being prepped the woman finally found consolation in the tears that left her eyes. She felt helpless and incompetent. How could her body fail? All she wanted was for son to be healthy and now? She blamed herself. She blamed her stupid body.

All she could think of was a 4lb baby laying in a NICU with medicine and tubes down her throat and nose helping his grow faster so he could go home. That wasn't what she had envisioned. She saw herself giving birth right before Cody going to spring training to a healthy and beautiful big baby boy.

"God works in mysterious ways, mija." Elisa Gallegos murmured as she cuddled her daughter in her arms while she laid with warm tears in falling from her eyes. Cody had to step out of the room as she sat outside the hallway with his own tears in his eyes. He was suppose to be the strong one. Yet, seeing his girlfriend in that place, seeing her so helpless. All her dreams being crushed knocked the wind out of him, and never in his life had he felt so useless.

11:56pm

Gianna and Cody are taken to the OR where she is to be prepped for the c-section. Family members and friends have a praying circle with tears in their eyes.

1:30am

Sampson Phog Bellinger made its way into the work at only seven months, weighting 4lbs and 90z.