97: WAG NEWS

New year! New me! The Dodgers outfielder, Cody Bellinger and his girlfriend, USWNT, Gianna Gallegos welcomed the new year welcoming their first born a boy boy named Sampson Phog the first week of the new year.

Previously due in March, Gallegos went to labor early as complications sent their child into stress,"Everything went downhill after the couple returned from their Holidays in Mexico," a source close to the couple dished recently, "She contracted a bacterial infection that lead her to a close miscarriage."

According to sources, Gianna went into labor the same week of Christmas going in and out of the hospital the whole week, until finally giving birth through c-section, "She started Braxton-Hicks before finally going into labor," it spilled, "She was sending her son into stress because her contractions were going on for too long. Being a preterm labor and for the reasonings of the stress she had put her child in she had a c-section."

Her son, Sampson spent his first week of life in the NICU where he was able to gain weight and immune system before being sent home, "Gianna and Cody spent that whole week in the hospital never leaving their son's side. Thankfully, Sampson is home now and is quite literally the cutest thing ever."

And who does Sampson Phog look like?

"Jennifer brought a baby picture and the same outfit Cody was pictured in as a baby and it's absurd how much he looks like Cody! He got Gi's smile. He's just a beautiful baby."

The same source reveals that Gianna and Cody are already trying to get him into schedule, "They are both very much aware that spring training is coming soon, and Gianna will be left alone with Samp. So, the sooner they get Sampson into a schedule the better. He's such a good baby I'm sure they won't have any problems with him." The source concluded, "Cody tries to be so hands on, it's adorable. He has no idea what he's doing but he's willing to learn. They're amazing parents, really. They're getting the hang of things quick."