94

Sampson Phog had only been in this world for little over three days and his mother simply couldn't get enough of him. Just looking at the softness of his tender flesh was enough to send his mother into a frenzy. Admiring his sleeping state, drinking him in, knowing very well that babies were only small for so long and in the matter of instances they were running around the house. Gianna didn't waste anytime feeling his plump cheeks, her soft finger caressing them every chance she got- she didn't think she could ever love anyone more than she loved her son.

Sampson's father, on the other hand, he simply admired from afar. Watching his missies gush and leap with joy at the pure sight of him. Cody's heart was so overwhelmed with happiness. His arrival to this world topped becoming MVP, any homer, any league win and coming this close to clinching the World Series- Sampson was all of that and more. He was the best thing Cody had ever done in his life. Something so small that hadn't even opened his eyes yet to meet his parents was captivating their hearts from the second they heard his heartbeat the first time. Now, Sampson Phog didn't seem to go anywhere- not that they wanted him too.

Yet, as clueless as he was, he simply couldn't wait to be able to watch him grow. Watch him smile the first time, giggle. He was excited to be able to take him to his first Dodger game. Play catch with his son, even if that meant crushing Gianna's dream of their son becoming a baby baller like she had spoken. The best was yet to come and Cody anxiously waited for it.

Watching his missus from the glass window, a smile grew on his lips and he couldn't believe that everything that meant the world to him was just sitting their right in front of him without him even deserving it, "It's such a sight to see, ain't it." Joc patted his teammate on the back as he leaned in on the wall observing with the goofiest grin on his lips. Cody turned frazzled to look at his smirking friend who embraced him into a quick hug muttering a couple words of congratulations, "Hope he gets Gianna's looks." He quipped making Cody roll his eyes as he watched Kelsey, Joc's wife finish washing her hands and using a yellow robe to enter the NICU where Gianna sat with Sampson.

Cody then looked at his missus and son and smiled satisfied with life, "The best sight to see, actually."