CHAPTER 25: LONELINESS

So, Jared finally found someone to replace me with."

Jared in I were still caught up in our little moment, when suddenly, Avril took the awkward silence from everyone as her cue to break the ice. Unfortunately, as the momentary stares of the guests where broken, our kissing scene also came to a halt. 

Jared looked at me then turned his head to glance at Avril. The ex-girlfriend cocked her head to the side in a flirty way. Good thing though, Jared just shrugged at her gesture and turned to look back at me. Bad thing was he immediately walked out of the room, passing right beside me without so much as a single word. I was well aware that everyone in the room was trying to make it seem like they weren’t just watching us seconds ago.

I happened to catch Avril’s eyes and a look of disgust was presently lingering on her face. But in one quick change, she managed to pull an evil smirk which she openly aimed at me. The nerve.

“Everyone, uhmm... what do you say we put on some music?”

That was Aunt G desperately trying to divert the crowd’s attention. Some murmurs of assertion were heard from the group. Everyone was obviously trying to forget what just happened, although I could still feel some eyes fixed upon me.

I caught sight of a very confused-looking Aunt G somewhere in the middle of the room as she deliberately tried to start a conversation with some of the guests. I tried to communicate my thoughts to her but gave up and instead, tried to focus on my situation.

Okay. Jared just kissed me. That was my first kiss. My first freaking kiss and he just walked out on me like he didn’t even care? Who the heck does he think he-

“Anne.”

I was still rooted on the same spot as I have been standing on where Jared kissed me when Aunt G nudged me on the side, instantly making me jolt back to reality.

“Hey, Aunt G.”

I said lamely, trying to make my voice as casual as possible.

“You might want to move from therE dear, or else you might burst into ashes from Avril’s stare and all the other guests that are still stealing glances at you.”

“Oh, you’re r-right. That makes p-perfect sense. I’ll go now.”

I gave her a curt nod and started towards the kitchen, planning on getting more drinks, probably something stronger than iced tea this time. But as I made my way to the kitchen, I felt a hand grab my arm.

“Where do you think you’re going?”

I looked back to see Aunt G’s questioning face. For added effect, she tilted her head a little and raised an eyebrow.

“Uhmm… to the kitchen?”

“But Jared went that way.”

“What about Jared?”

Okay, I’m totally not following.

“What do you mean what about him? I suggest you go now before Avril gets there first.”

I gave her a confused look but all I earned was a push. She literally pushed me over the entrance to the garden.

“B-but-“

“No buts. Just go! Talk to hi-“

Before she even finished her sentence, she shut the sliding doors and locked me out of the house. Great, now what am I gonna do?