CHAPTER 3: IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU

CHAPTER 3: IT’S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU

I felt my eyes become moist, tears threatening to fall any second. I wasn’t expecting this reaction. I wasn’t much of a crier. But this situation calls for a major breakdown. I can’t believe I’m staring at the person who almost killed me. I instantly felt a strong sense of hate against him. I knew my feelings seemed irrational. He didn’t try to kill me. It was obviously an accident. But you can’t blame me for a having a sudden surge of emotional angst. And this time, this wasn’t because of my hormones. It was because of this person which was only inches away from me.

“Why are you not explaining yourself?”

I asked barely able to control my anger and hold back my tears. I didn’t even know why I bothered to in the first place. This guy deserved it. Heck, he’s about to get a taste of my revenge.

“Because there’s nothing to explain. A girl gets hit by a car while crossing the street. The driver sends her to the hospital and pays for her bills. But the thing is that you’re the girl and I’m the driver, so we just have to deal with it. Happy?”

He answered as if talking to me was a waste of his time. Bastard. I have no idea how he can still act calmly at this kind of situation. He almost killed me! He should be acting all sorry and apologetic. Wait, he shouldn’t be acting. He should be sorry and apologetic. He should have been begging for my forgiveness. What is wrong with him?

“Happy?!!” My controlled anger suddenly flew out the window “How in the world would I be happy?!! I just got out from my trial and was just freed from 9 years of living a wretched existence with my horrible foster parents because my real parents left me in a, heaven forbid, rundown orphanage when I was just three months old! Then you just had to come along with your stupid car and now I’m lying here on this cursed bed while you’re there sitting beside me with that I-can’t-even-describe expression on your face like you don’t give a damn!”

I was almost out of breath and my face probably looked like an over-ripe tomato from frustration.

“Are you done?”

I hated him more by the second. And I’m definitely not done. This outrage of mine has just started and I’m about to let him have the full on strike!

“Of course not! What right do you have to just barge into my already destroyed life and destroy it even further? I have been through so much! I don’t deserve this! I was supposed to start fresh! I was supposed to start dreaming and hoping! I was supposed to be rejoicing my new found freedom and living my life to the fullest!”

I’ve just had a full outburst complete with tears and death glares. My emotions and hormones took over me and I simply can’t contain it any longer. I swore to myself that once I got out of that bed, I would strangle him to death.

“Are you done?”

I was beginning to develop an eternal hatred for this cursed human being.

“Is that all your ever gonna say?!?”

 I’m shaking now from anger, hatred, and frustration. Who does this guy think he is?

“If you’re done then let me do the talking. First, it’s not all about you. I was also dragged into this mess. I’m also affected by this accident so don’t act like you’re the only one suffering. I did not ask for this and I certainly didn’t want this to happen. Second, it’s not all about you. You’re not the only with a rough childhood. In fact, there are lots of other kids who experienced a much worse situation than you did. You’re alive, right? Some are not. Third, it’s not all about you. You don’t have the right to judge me. You don’t know me.