CHAPTER 19: TEMPORARY LIFE

Check out my latest book FINDING DESTINY - be captivated by this unique story about friendships, family, shooting stars and lucky pennies. Keep your fingers crossed and let's get to know Summer Evans. http://www.wattpad.com/story/1391990-finding-destiny  

hello there my awesome readers. So sorry for i haven't been uploading for a while. I've been a little busy, and yes i admit, i'm lacking the inspiration... anyways, it's not much, but i hope you like it. it's the best i could do for now. 

xoxo

----------------------------------

CHAPTER 19: TEMPORARY LIFE

            So here I am, eating dinner with the Simons and Mike. Placed before me was a delicious looking steak together with mashed potatoes. The look itself was heavenly but the taste was far better. I can say it’s one of the best homemade dishes that I have ever tasted. Well, Linda doesn’t cook, so I have only my foster mom to compare Aunt G’s cooking skills to. And I can’t help but admit that I’m a little envious of Jared now. What with having an awesome Aunt for a cook.

            “How’s the food, Anne?” Aunt G asked me while I was busy munching down her sumptuous meal. I tried swallowing everything at once and I almost choked while drinking some water when Mike answered for me.

            “Thish ish aweshome Aunt G!”

            “Well, you might wanna swallow that down first Mike.”

            Aunt G replied with a sweet smile, clearly amused at Mike as he continued to stuff himself with steak.

            “It’s quite delicious Aunt G. Your cooking skills are really superb.” I finally managed to say something between mouthfuls of food.

            “Thank you dear. I’m glad you liked it.” She seems genuinely happy about our comments. Well, judging from our almost empty plates, she did a really good job. “Well, I just wanted to tell you how happy I am to have someone other than Jared here in the house. It gets pretty lonely here at times.”

            “I’m really grateful for being welcomed here Aunt G. I promise that as soon as my leg heals, I’ll be off and find somewhere else to live on my own.” I answered back curtly.

            “Don’t even think about it. You could stay here for as long as you want.” Just then, Jared abruptly stood up from his chair.

            “I’m gonna get some dessert. Be right back.” He announced and disappeared towards the kitchen.

            “Don’t mind him Anne. He’s just not used to…company.”

            “It’s okay Aunt G. I understand.” Well actually, I don’t.  Why would he invite me here then if that’s the case?

            After a few minutes, Jared arrived with a tray of cups filled with vanilla-flavored ice cream. We ate in silence only to be interrupted with some of Mike’s stories from parties, girls and everything in between. There’s definitely tension now and I don’t exactly know what’s causing it. Well actually, I do know. Me.

            “Okay, so tomorrow’s a big day Anne, and you must be really tired from the drive down here.” Aunt G said as she stood up from the table. “Jared, why don’t you take Anne upstairs so that she may rest for the night?”

            “Oh no, it’s okay Aunt G. I can go up myself.”

            “Oh don’t worry. Jared won’t mind. Right?” She looked at Jared while raising an eyebrow. Jared mumbled a few words then nodded.

            I made my way towards the stairs with Jared on my back. When I reached the bottom, I proceeded to climb up the stairs without even glancing back at him. Suddenly, I felt hands on my shoulders.

            “It’s fine. I can manage on my own.” I said without turning my head.

            “You’re not strong enough.”

            “I’m strong enough to survive a car accident; I’m strong enough to climb the stairs.”

            I did not wait for his reply before I kept on going. He did not follow me anymore and I was glad for that. I don’t want to be a burden, especially since he’s not used to company.

            When I reached my bedroom, I entered and closed the heavy door behind me. Once again, I scanned the huge room that would probably be my room for the next weeks to come. I still can’t quite grasp the idea of staying in this beautiful room, much less living in this house. Although I know it’s just temporary, I can’t help but feel elated. I don’t know why exactly. Aunt G seems nice and even though Jared doesn’t seem to be comfortable with all of this, which is odd because he’s actually the one who thought of it in the first place, I still feel at ease.

            I walked towards my bed, place my crutches by the bedside table and sat down. I let my full weight sink into the plush comforters. I kicked of my shoes and lie down. I didn’t even bother to go to the bathroom since I feel so exhausted. It has been a pretty long day and all I want is to curl up and sleep. Well, I can’t actually curl up because; I still have my broken leg.

            I stared up into the ceiling and I was mesmerized by what I saw. There where glow in the dark stars everywhere. It’s like staring out into the universe. It made me think of the times I used to stargaze at my attic. These aren’t real stars but they sure look pretty. All those times when I used to lie on my bed and just think about what it would be like to live a different life; A life where I have friends. A life where I have a house and a room of my own. And a life where I have my parents; a family.

            I thought of my life before the accident and the trial. And comparing to what my life is now, or what my life is temporarily, there really has been a great improvement. Now, I have somewhere to live (at least for a while), I have this amazing room, and I have friends (I think). The only thing missing would be a family. I’d give everything to have one.

            I kept thinking about the past, the present and of course the future. I guess I’ll just have to see how this temporary life of mine goes. I slid back carefully under my sheets and closed my eyes.

            Sleep will come, and hopefully tomorrow will be a great day.

-------------------------

So, again i'm really really sorry to keep you waiting... (please don't kill me)

i know that this may probably be not good, and i'm trying really hard. but you know, there were those times .....

anyways, i hope you'll still support me till the end :) and possibly vote? :D it would certainly boost my confidence:D

hopefully, i'll be able to update soon :D please don't lose your patience with me :D

xoxo - mai 

P.S. 

Check out my latest book FINDING DESTINY - be captivated by this unique story about friendships, family, shooting stars and lucky pennies. Keep your fingers crossed and let's get to know Summer Evans. http://www.wattpad.com/story/1391990-finding-destiny