CHAPTER 22: THE SAD TRUTH

hiya! so sorry for not uploading sooner.. lots and lots of family drama... long story.. anyways, i hope this chapter isn't too crappy. All your guesses by the way seemed close for ANOTHER chapter.. i think nobody so this coming so yeah, read on :D

xoxo

------

CHAPTER 22: THE SAD TRUTH

We drove back to the house. A slow tempo song was softly playing on the stereo and judging from the silence between me and Aunt G, I’d say that were both equally tired from the day’s shopping spree. It was a very eventful day with all the racks of clothes we browsed, the outfits I tried on and of course, the talks we shared. We talked about almost everything; from my past life to her everyday routines. Of course Jared would pop out on our coversations once in a while. And every time our topic would drift away to him, Aunt G would mention how caring, sweet and great Jared is. I swear that if I didn’t know that Jared was her nephew, I’d say that she’s in love with him.

The quiet engine of the car came to a halt. I snapped back to reality after almost drifting off to sleep in the comfortable car seat.

“We’re home.”

Aunt G said as she opened the driver’s side door. I also opened mine and got out. We walked towards the front doors and entered as Aunt G hauled all our shopping bags inside. I wanted to help Aunt G with the bags but again, I got my hands full. I scanned the house trying to find Jared when I noticed that the huge plasma screen TV in the living room was open.

“Hey Jared! A little help here?”

I shouted, hopefully grabbing his attention. The TV was suddenly shut off and a figure emerged from the couch. Jared stood up and went over to where we were standing. As he came nearer and nearer, I noticed the Irritated expression on his face. He stared directly in my eyes and I shivered unconsciously. What’s his problem?

He grabbed the bags from Aunt G and walked back to the living room placing them on the table. Aunt G and I followed him silently. Sensing the tension, I remained silent and let Aunt G do all the talking.

“So how’s work?”

“It’s about time you got home.”

Jared ignored Aunt G’s question and instead, posted a question himself with a very icy tone. He straightened up, his stare landing on Aunt G but not before giving me a cold glance. He crossed both his arms on his chest.

“It’s almost midnight.”

“So?”

Aunt G copied Jared’s move and also crossed her arms on her chest, obviously trying to dare him to go on. I’m not really in the mood to see a little family fight but I can’t find the courage to excuse myself. They both looked pretty scary and for a moment there, with both irritated expressions on their faces, I could definitely see the family resemblance. I’m pretty sure no one’s backing down now.

“It’s late, Auntie Grace.”

Jared pointed out giving emphasis to Aunt G’s name.

“I know, Jared.”

Aunt G said with the same tone of voice.

“You shouldn’t be out so late.”

“Don’t tell me what to do.”

The two still kept a composed expression but I can very well sense the tension in their voices.

“Well then you should know the right thing to do.”