CHAPTER 18: MEET THE AUNT

Check out my latest book FINDING DESTINY - be captivated by this unique story about friendships, family, shooting stars and lucky pennies. Keep your fingers crossed and let's get to know Summer Evans. http://www.wattpad.com/story/1391990-finding-destiny  

hey there awesome poeple! i guess i went back on my own words. i said i wouldn't post this until i get at least 20 votes and 20 comments on my previous chapter... but here it is. 

just worrying if you guys still enjoy reading my story. i would love to hear some feed back from you guys and possibly, vote if you really appreciate my work. thank you in advance for thos who would do... it would mean so much to me.. 

xoxo

---------------------

CHAPTER 18: MEET THE AUNT

            “Welcome to Jared’s Mansion!” Mike beamed at me as we walked down on the red bricked path leading towards the entrance of the house. Jared rolled his eyes at Mikes comment.

            “Don’t mind him Anne. He likes to exaggerate things.” Jared muttered to me.

            “Oh c’mon man! You know I love saying that!”  Mike said as he ruffled Jared’s hair affectionately earning him a murderous glare from Jared and a giggle from me. These boys are just so fun to watch at times.

            I scanned our surroundings. Tall bulky trees lined the path we were walking on, with their huge leaves and trunks meeting at the center creating a cave-like feature that partly concealed the sky giving us just the right amount of shade. It’s like we are a part of painting. The feeling is so overwhelming.

            We finally reached the front steps of the house and to say that it is astonishing, would be an understatement. I can’t quite describe it. Well, for one, the house is huge. The exterior is nothing like what I’ve seen before. I can’t even tell how many floors there is because of the seemingly irregular layering. The outside is mainly glass and walls painted gray. On the second floor (or is it the third floor?), there’s a veranda overlooking the entire area. It looks like one of the modern houses you’d see in a high-end architectural magazine. I was practically drooling from its awesomeness.

            “Let’s go, Anne.” I snapped back to reality realizing that I was the only one left on the front steps. Jared and Mike had already entered the glass doors. Yes, glass doors. Definitely cool. I quickly followed them inside and stopped dead on my tracks.

            Holy Sh*t

            And here I thought nothing could amaze me more than the top notch exteriors. The inside was simple yet probably the most exquisite place I have ever been to. One look and I’m instantly in awe of the beauty that surrounds me. Here’s a shocker; it’s nothing like the huge mansions with expensive chandeliers hanging from just about every part of the ceiling nor is it like the ones we see in movies with the long winding staircase and overly decorated hallways. It doesn’t even have the good old ancient paintings hanging on the walls or the heavy antique furniture like most mansions have. There’s definitely nothing cliché about this house. It’s unique and of course, I’m still drooling.

            I stood there gaping. This house definitely radiates warmth and life. Its walls consisted of partly glass, which provides a clear view of the surroundings, and white painted walls, which divides the parts of the house. Light enters through the glass panels illuminating the whole house and giving it a warm glow. As for the furniture, well, it’s has a minimalistic touch to it. Few decorations are to be seen, giving emphasis to some parts of the house and also serving as accents. Simple yet elegant lamps hang from the ceiling above us, cascading in different layers.