CHAPTER 20: AUNT G'S PLAN

Check out my latest book FINDING DESTINY - be captivated by this unique story about friendships, family, shooting stars and lucky pennies. Keep your fingers crossed and let's get to know Summer Evans. http://www.wattpad.com/story/1391990-finding-destiny  

hey there!! thank you so much for reading.. please bear with me if i haven't been consistent in uploading... my sched's a little fuzzy. Anyways, this isn't much but I hope you enjoy it! :D happy reading! :D

xoxo

-----------------------------------

CHAPTER 20: AUNT G'S PLAN

I woke up as the sun's rays gently touched my face. As my eyes continued to adjust to the morning light, I stared up at the ceiling, contemplating thoughts about the day ahead. I guess this is it. I'm about to start my temporary life with the Simons and I might as well think positively.

I slowly pulled down my sheets and willed myself to sit up straight on my bed while still rubbing the sleepiness in my eyes. I was moving rather slowly so as not to shock my healing bones. I looked on my bedside table. The clock reads 7 AM; perfect time to be waking up. Beside the clock were some fresh and clean looking clothes and a toothbrush. Aunt G must have placed them there while I was still asleep.

I reached for my crutches. But this time, I only took one for I will be holding my clothes on my other hand. I headed towards the door and went out of my room going towards the bathroom. I scanned the hallway first which seems to be eerily quiet. I guess I was the only one awake yet. I entered the bathroom closing the door gently behind me. First thing I did was change clothes. At last, I would be getting out of the ones that Jared gave me. I was now wearing a gray sleeveless shirt with matching fitted jogging pants with two white strips on the side. It's the kind of outfit that you would wear in the gym. Although the pants is a little long for my liking, because obviously, it's Aunt G's clothes and she is a little taller than me, It will have to do. Besides, who knew that a girl with a broken leg could still look a little sporty?

I left my crutch leaning on the tiled walls as I stood on one foot and hopped my way to the sink, holding a toothbrush on one hand. A small vanity mirror attached to a cabinet is hanging from the wall just above the sparkly white sink. I opened the small cabinet and scanned the contents. There were some shaving cream, some razors, dental floss, gel and some other guy stuffs. I spotted a white tube and quickly opened it, putting a generous amount of toothpaste on my toothbrush. I did the drill; brushed my teeth and washed afterwards. I also turned on the faucet and washed my face with cold water, instantly feeling relaxed. I used my old clothes to wipe my face dry.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror and what I saw was a pale faced girl, with a slightly disheveled hair and a gloomy expression on her face. I can't believe I've grown so thin in just a month of confinement. Besides my apparent weight loss, nothing much seemed to have changed about me. I still looked sad. I never dreamed of becoming this lonely girl that is now staring back at me in the mirror. I bit my lip and resigned to myself. I know I couldn't be like this forever. I have to try somehow...

I was too engrossed in myself so I jumped back in surprise when the door suddenly swung open. Jared stood at the doorway, probably as shocked as I was. He was shirtless and a towel was slung over his shoulder. I was practically stunned at the scene before me. Jared. Shirtless. Oh, boy.

"Didn't you learn how to knock?!" I asked, as I tried to exert anger in my voice, but failed as a blush quickly crept up my cheeks.

"Didn't you know how to lock your door?" He retorted also trying to instill anger in his tone, but failed too, as embarrassment was clearly evident in his face. "It was a force of habit. I'm not used to-"

"-having company." I finished his sentence for him. "Yeah, right." I quickly grabbed my crutch and made my way to the door. We almost collided against each other as we both sidestepped in the same direction at once. I sighed and he stepped aside, making way for me. I grumpily made my way through the hallway, heading for the stairs. So much for positive thinking, he managed to put me in a bad mood already, and to think that the day is just starting. Sheez!

As I was going down the stairs, I can already hear a low sizzling sound coming from the direction of the Kitchen. When I landed on the last step, I proceeded to the kitchen and there was Aunt G, whistling happily while she made breakfast. She lifted her head and she instantly flashed me a warm smile when she saw me.

"Good morning Anne. How was your sleep?"

"It's great, very refreshing." I smiled back. At least I could count on Aunt G to lift my spirits.

"Have a seat. I've made some pancakes." She said cheerfully as she motioned me to sit on one of the high chairs on the counter. I watched her roam around the kitchen, while she cooked the pancakes. I have to say that this is one heck of kitchen. It's like all the utensils, machines, and everything else you need is here. There's a blender, coffeemaker, microwave oven, complete set of pots and pans and almost every cooking tool. It's definitely modern and functional at the same time. It's hard not to be even mildly interested in cooking when you're in a kitchen like this. I was brought back to reality when Aunt G placed a plate with pancakes in front of me. She even got me some syrup for it and a warm glass of milk.

"Thank you Aunt G." I said while restraining myself into wolfing down my meal in one huge bite. I can't help it. After eating hospital food for a month, this is definitely heaven for me.

"No problem dear. Enjoy yourself."

Oh I'm enjoying it alright. Actually, I take that back. My enjoyment was cut short when Jared entered the room and joined us. Our eyes met together for a brief period and I instantly averted my eyes and stared down at my plate instead. He cleared his throat and faced Aunt G.

"So, I will be gone for today Auntie. I have some business to attend to."

"Problems in the housing facilities in the East?"

"No, just some paperwork I need to fill up"

I'm clearly not following their conversation. Now I've realized that I don't even know what kind of business Jared is involved in since he's clearly not attending college. I better ask Aunt G later.

"So, it seems like it'll be just us in the house, Anne?" Aunt G turned to me.

"Right." I answered back.

"I was thinking...." Oh boy. I was instantly a little nervous at the sound of that. The expression on Aunt G's face suggests that she's come up with some sort of plan; a plan that I probably will not like.

"Why don't we go shopping? Just a girl-bonding time!" And I was right. Shopping? C'mon! I've never liked those kind of stuff before and I'm not so sure if now's gonna change that.

"But Auntie, she's not fully recovered yet." Jared butted in and for the first time, I'm grateful for that.

"Nonsense, this can actually be a good form of exercise for her. It'll be fun!"

The look on Aunt G's face told me that there is no changing her mind. I saw how her eyes glowed when she mention the word "shopping." I might as well ride along with it. Besides, what's the worst that can happen? A few fancy stores and fluffy outfits won't hurt.... right?

--------------------------------

so? what do you think? I apologize for the crappy chapter. (please don't kill me)

anyways, thanks for being patient with me :D tell me what you think kay? and hit that button somewhere on the top for me kay? it would deffo make my day :D cheers!

xoxo - mai

P.S. 

Check out my latest book FINDING DESTINY - be captivated by this unique story about friendships, family, shooting stars and lucky pennies. Keep your fingers crossed and let's get to know Summer Evans. http://www.wattpad.com/story/1391990-finding-destiny