CHAPTER 10: QUESTION AND ANSWER

hi there! :) wow! you're still reading! thank you! ENJOY!

xoxo

-----------------------------------------

CHAPTER 10: QUESTION AND ANSWER

It’s been a week since the accident. My days in the hospital mostly consists of the nurses checking up on me every once in a while, the occasional event like the mystery of my previous record, Mikes visit, and of course the long hours of doing nothing, with Jared beside my bed also doing nothing. Sleep becomes my best friend when boredom strikes me. I thumb through my blanket or run random thoughts inside my head, like maybe Jared and Mike in diapers, until I eventually fall into, hopefully, a dreamless sleep.

                I woke up the next morning, already bored just thinking about another day of doing absolutely nothing. I almost asked Jared to tell Mike to come here right now. At least I can talk to Mike about absolutely anything I can think of. I’m still bothered by his theory though. Could he be right? I’ll think about that later. Right now, I have a bigger problem. Jared.

With Jared, I just can’t see myself opening up a topic worthy of a conversation. I’ve rehearsed some lines in my head like, “Hey Jared, tell me about when you and Mike are still in diapers!” or “Hey Jared! How come you’ve hit me while I was crossing the street?” Neither option seemed tempting.

What am I supposed to do? I can’t sit here doing nothing forever. And it’s just only been a week. I’m doomed.

Just then, Jared shifts on his chair and clears his throat as if about to say something. I braced myself.

                “Umm, Anne?” He said catching my attention (which was not hard to catch since I’m currently not attending to anything).

                “Huh?” I replied pretending to be distracted with some none existent thing that I was supposed to be doing.

                “I’m bored.” He said while his shoulders sagged. Great. Just Great. Well, Hello?! I’m bored too!

                “What can I do?” I ask dumbly. Oh great.

                “Hmmm…What do you say we ask each other questions. We each ask a question and give the answer alternately. In that way, we can also…um….get to know each other.” Wow! He must be really, really bored. Who knew that Jared was capable of saying those words?

                “Okay then, you go first.” I replied, amused by his idea.

                Jared seemed to think for a while. His eyebrows arched slightly and he placed his hand under his chin as if trying to contemplate what to ask me first. Finally, he raised his head.

                “Tell me your complete name.” And there I thought he would quiz me or something and he was just asking for my complete name. Some guy.

                “Anne Clarke.” I said calmly.

                “That’s it?” He asked a little bit surprised.

                “Well, I think you know by now that my parents left me when I was little and that I’ve been in foster care ever since. “Anne” came from the necklace that my real parents left on me before leaving me in the orphanage and “Clarke” is my foster father’s last name. My foster parents did not bother to give me a middle name anymore. I thought you said alternately? It’s my turn now.”

He sat back on his chair and nodded.

                “Hmm…Since you asked me my complete name, I’ll also ask you yours.”

                “Jared Vincent Simons. Cool name huh?” I rolled my eyes. This guy is so full of himself.

                “My turn. What are the things you like most?” He asked while leaning forward a little bit. It took me a moment to think about my answer.

                “I like strawberries, the juicy ones. I also like star gazing. When I was a kid, I used to lie on my bed while I peek through the gaps on the ceiling, and there I can see the stars at night. They used to be my retreat whenever I feel down and frustrated. And lastly, I like the feeling of having a family who will be there to listen to my problems, support me when I need help, and love me unconditionally.”

I finished with a sigh. It’s nice to think about the things that I like. It makes me feel hopeful that someday, I might finally have them. Even imagining it makes me happy. I was lost in my thoughts for a moment until Jared finally tried to get my attention.

                “ehem.” He cleared his throat rather loudly. “I think you’re supposed to ask me now.” He said rather bored. What’s with this guy? Can’t he give me some time to wallow in my beautiful thoughts? I guess I’ll just have to ask him the same question.

                “What about you? What are the things that you like the most?” I asked him trying to sound uninterested. Let’s see if he likes that.

Unlike me, Jared seems to be so sure about his answer. He didn’t even stop to think about it.

                “I would like to…feel complete.” I waited for him to continue. But then I realized that that was it. Complete? What does he mean by that? He seems whole to me.

                “My turn again. What are the things you hate the most.” He asked. Ha! I’d love to answer that one.

                “Well, I hate my past obviously. I also hate the fact that I got hit by a stupid car just as I was able to escape from my past.” I answered before I even had the chance to think about it. Too late though. I saw Jared’s face changing color and his expression turning into a scowl. He suddenly looked angry. But he didn’t just look angry, he “is” angry. Me and my stupid mouth.

                “I told you I didn’t wish for this to happen! How many times would I have to repeat that to get it in your head! THIS. IS. NOT. MY. FAULT!” He stood up from his chair, face red from frustration. I just sat there on my bed, not speaking and not knowing what to do. He stormed out of the room and slammed the door loudly. It took me a couple of minutes to get over my shock. Great.

                Here he is finally trying to come up with a decent conversation between the two of us and I just ruined it by blaming him again. I didn’t mean it. Really!

----------------------------------------------------------

here's a Jared and Anned chapter for you guys! :D tell me what you think! :)

comment, vote, fan - i would make me really happy!

I'm currently working on my other chapters so i might be able to update tomorrow if i'm lucky :D do me a favor and leave some comments, therefore i know if you're liking how the story goes :D

xoxo-mai