CHAPTER 17: HOME

Check out my latest book FINDING DESTINY - be captivated by this unique story about friendships, family, shooting stars and lucky pennies. Keep your fingers crossed and let's get to know Summer Evans. http://www.wattpad.com/story/1391990-finding-destiny  

hi awesome, beautiful and amazing people! :D enjoy reading!

xoxo

---------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 17: HOME

           Today’s the day. After days and days of being cooped up in this room and stuck on this bed, I’m finally allowed to leave. It felt like I’ve been here for years, when actually it has only been three weeks and two days. That can’t be right.

            I’ve just finished changing my hospital gown to the clothes that Jared bought for me. And there I thought that he has good fashion sense, he can’t even choose decent clothes for girls. I look like a freaking gypsy from circus town with this striped fitted jeans and an oversized neon blouse with polka dots. Seriously? Who in their right mind would wanna wear this outfit?

            I went over to the tiny sink and splashed some cold water on my face, feeling refreshed. I grabbed a towel hanging from the rod, and unfortunately, i slipped on the tiled floor, lost my balance and landed on my butt with a loud thug. Just great. I’m still barely out of the hospital and I’m already looking for another accident. It’s a good thing that I slipped on my good foot. It would have meant another year; I mean another week of stay here, if I hurt my still half-healed leg again.

            “Everything okay there, Anne?” Jared’s voice sounded from the other side of the bathroom door. A trace of worry can be heard from his voice.

            “Uhmm..yeah I’m fine!” I replied hastily as I desperately tried to haul myself back up. After about three attempts, I finally managed to get back on my feet, or should I say my foot, and quickly wiped my face off with the towel.

I stared in the small mirror hanging on the wall just above the sink and barely recognized the girl in the reflection. She looked so pale and unhealthy. But the most evident thing to see was that she looks sad and lonely. I look sad and lonely.

I suddenly felt my eyes slowly tearing up. Seeing myself like this; depressed, hopeless, and desperate, makes me feel like…..crap. I was having my moment, when Jared knocked on the door. Well, ‘knocked’ doesn’t seem like the appropriate term since he practically banged the door, which by the way startled me, making the tears that are threatening to fall from my eyes crawl back up. What’s his problem?

“Still alive there?” He asked rather loudly. Of course I’m still alive. Duh? It’s not like the toilet’s gonna eat me.

“I’m coming out!” I replied, not bothering to hide my irritation.

I opened the door with a quick jerk, which was a big mistake because he almost fell on top of me. How would I know that he was leaning on the bathroom door? He toppled over a few steps forward until he finally regained his balance. It’s a good thing I was able to dodge my body out of the way or we might have ended up both on the ground.

“What were you thinking standing over there?” I asked him while simultaneously trying hard to suppress a giggle. When you look at it, the situation seemed a little bit funny. He scratched the back of his head and stepped out of the bathroom. Maybe I was just mistaken, but I think I saw him blush a little.

“What is taking you so long?” He asked, obviously trying to change the subject.

“I asked you first!” I said, while I hopped along with my good foot outside of the bathroom and towards the bed. To my surprise, he placed his hand on the small of my back trying to support me while I hopped and hopped desperately. I flinched away from his touch which caused me to lose my balance. I stumbled a few steps back and fell. Just when I was about to hit the ground, strong arms suddenly encircled me, stopping my fall.