Ready...

"I don't know." She sat back down at the table. She stared at her book looking through the pages. I went to go find the rest of my books. It didn't take long at all to find the last one, considering it was right behind Remedy. I got the book and sat across from her. She sat up.

"But, there's something else." She flipped to another section of the book. She turned the open book to face me.

"The patronus charm? What does it do?"

"It  protects you when in a time of need. From dementors, or anything that endangers you. But, it's tricky to learn and it takes some time."

"Ok. When can we learn it?"

"Oh plea- wait, what? You want to actually learn it?" Remedy began to beg. 

"Yes."

"Well to be honest I thought I would have to do a lot of persuading."

"No! So when can we start?" 

"Well today doesn't work. But, I'm free tomorrow." 

"Ok sounds good. Don't be getting anymore detentions, ok?" I smiled and Remedy rolled her eyes.

"I'll try. We should really go back to the dorms. It's getting late."

"Alright! See you tomorrow!" I left the library and went to my room, I was wonderfully greeted by Pertida. She flew on my out stretched arm. She playfully nibbled at my finger. I set her back on her perch and got ready for bed. I went back to the common room where Dana and Rose were. The girl whose name I have yet to learn looked up from her book, closed it, and went back up to the stairs to our dorms.

"Ok then." Rose raised her eyebrows at her and went back to her Quibbler.

"Hey, Joy?" Dana put down her quill and looked up at me. I sat down next to Rose on the couch.

"Yes?"

"Do you ever miss your parents?" I bit my lip and stared at the fire thinking about her question.

"Yeah, I do sometimes. But, my memories help."

"Is that why you sleep in your dad's shirts?" Rose looked like she was going to cry when she finished her question.

"That, and I like the smell of his cologne." I smiled at them and they smiled back. We stayed up most of the night talking and laughing. We could because tomorrow was Saturday. We finally decided to go to bed after four cups of tea and watching the sun come up. We all headed back and I practically died in my comforter.

********************************************************************************************************************

I felt a hand shaking my back.

"JOY! FOR GOD'S SAKE!! WAKE THE BLOODY HELL UP!!"

"Five more minutes Aunty."

"NO JOY!" I felt two hands grab my ankles and pull. My eyes shot open and I let out a yelp. Next thing I knew, I was on the floor caught in my sheets.

"What the bloody hell was that for Remedy?!?"

"JOY! It's like eleven o'clock. We were supposed to meet at the quidditch pitch two hours ago!"

"Oh. My god. Opps. Sorry." I got up, threw my sheets back on my bed. I took a shower then got dressed. I pulled my hair up in a bun, threw on a pair of jeans, and a pullover sweatshirt.

"Ok, let's go!" I came back to Remedy sprawled out on my bed. She sat up straight and followed me out to the pitch.

When we got there Remedy walked a little ways away from me and yelled out, "Ready?".

I took a deep breath and whispered, "ready"...