The Astronomy Tower

During lunch the next day, everything was off balance. Demetri was giving me a lot of space since I didnt really give him an answer yet. I felt bad but I had to keep the option open. Draco and I havent said a word to each other since that night in detention. Oh great here he comes.

I watched him walk into the great hall, he looked at me. We looked at each other until I saw Remedy coming up behind him. I quickly turned my head away and stared at my food. She and Joel came over to sit with us.

"Hello Joy!" Remedy greeted me. I gave her a small smile and looked back at my food. I knew I couldnt keep eye contact with her, for some reason she could read me like a book. "Have a good day?" I looked up at her briefly. And by the look on her face, she had figured something out. "Joel stay here!" Remedy grabbed my arm and pulled me up from the table. "I need to discuss something with you, privately!" Oh no... she was talking to me now. She dragged me out of the Great Hall and sort of threw me against a wall.

"Rem, what the he-" I began.

"What the hell did I just see?" Wow, she looked really mad...

"I dont know what you just saw, I'm not you. Stop being ridiculous!"

"Joy, I saw you and Malfoy kiss, now I need you to spill it, and spill it now!" Her voice lowered slightly. Oh god... she knows! Wait... but, how could she? I havent said a thing!

"I- wait, what? But how?"

"Look sometimes whenever I look into someones eyes I can see glimpses of their past or a remnant of a thought or emotion. Its magic called Legilimency. I explained my story, now what's yours?!"

"How do I know you arent making this up?"

"Because when I asked about you and Malfoy snogging you said how I knew, you didnt defend yourself by saying that you didnt , therefore you did do something with Malfoy." She spit that out so fast, I barely had time to process that.

"But- but thats not real proof!"

"No? Fine you both were in detention when this happened and the room was a mess, I can only assume that you had to clean it the Muggle way, am I wrong?" She was speaking at the speed of light now. I was at a loss for words. How was I supposed to explain this to her?

"I- no... He caught me off guard. I didnt mean to." Remedy just sighed, her face was really red with rage.

"Joy, you do know that at any given chance, he will try and kidnap me and ship me back to my father, who will in all probability, try and kill me!" She was definitely angry now...

"I'm so sorry, I didnt know what was happening!" She let out another sigh.

" Just be careful next time! He could hurt you and probably will." She walked away shaking her head. I slid down the wall until I was sitting down on the ground. She didnt understand that when I'm with him, I've never felt safer. There was no way she was going to get over this.

***

It's now the middle of December and getting closer and closer to the Yule Ball. Remedy was speaking to me again. But, still nothing from Draco. I feel even worse for putting off Demetri. What was wrong with me? I liked him, he was very nice, and kind, and funny. I'm going to need to give him an answer... and soon. Because something horrible happened yesterday.

I was sitting alone on a rock by the lake reading my Divination book. When Cederic came and sat next to me. He sat there for the longest time just smiling at me.

"What is it Cederic?"

"Come to the ball with me. I am a champion after all."

"Dear god Cederic... NO!" I stood up to leave when he stopped me right at the water line.