The Quidditch World Cup

YAY! Okay Ive finished off Joy's third year at Hogwarts. NOt bad? Yes? No? OKay well anyways here is the start to her fourth year at Hogwarts! Hope you enjoy. Let's begin...

*********************************************************************************************************

My first year at Hogwarts was really great. I made friends despite the fact I entered as a third year. I still remember the beginning of the year when the headmaster, Albus Dumbledore, called me into his office. 

"Ah, Miss Felton. Please sit down." Dumbledore spoke in a very calm voice. "I hope you are getting acquainted with your new house. Hufflepuff is a very nice house to belong to."

"Oh, yes Professor. Everyone has been very kind."

"I would hope so. Now you must understand Miss Felton what a privilege it is to be here. Your situation is not normal. All of our students have entered as first years. Your Aunt spent a great deal of time convincing the ministry to withhold your letter. You are a very talented young witch. Use that power wisely in your time here at Hogwarts. Hufflepuff will help you. Just remember what is means to be in Hufflepuff."

Professor Dumbledore was so very understanding. This summer had gone by fast. Remedy was living with us now. It was nice to have someone to talk to. She helped me with spells. Although we couldn't practice with actual wands, we practiced the hand movements. We spent a great deal of time in Diagon Alley. We often went to the Ice Cream shop and sat and talked a lot. Since joining the quidditch team at Hogwarts, I began to follow the professional teams. I took a specific interest in the Irish team. They were brilliant. 

Later in the summer my aunt had surprised us with tickets to the Quidditch World Cup. The Irish vs. Bulgaria. I couldn't wait. But, it didn't take long for the day before the big game. I got up pretty early that morning. I left Remedy to sleep. I dressed in jeans and a light blue sweater, I starred at myself in the mirror. My aunt told me I was looking more and more like my mum. My face was maturing. My voice changed. My hair was darkening. I was no longer a bright blonde. The freckles dotted across my cheeks became more prominent. My eyes stood out now more then ever. Everything about me was changing. I even got taller by well a lot.

What finally broke my chain of thought was Remedy. She was making noises in her bed and tossing about. She had been having a lot of nightmares during the summer. I walked over to her and put my hand on her shoulder.

"Remedy! Remedy! It's just a dream! Wake up!" 

"Let me go!" She screamed as she awoke. "Oh, Joy I'm sorry!" she was sweating and trembling.

"It's okay but, are you going to be alright?"

"Yeah, I think I will be..." she was lying. I could tell but, I wasn't going to push her. 

"Well, we're going to leave in about an hour. I'll leave you to get ready." I stood up and went downstairs. My aunt stood up from her morning paper and gave me a hug. I went to the kitchen and made two bowls of oatmeal with cinnamon. I set one down for Remedy. 

"How is she?" My aunt spoke up from her tea.

"She's alright I suppose. The nightmares continue."

"Poor dear." At that moment Remedy came down the stairs. I flashed her a smile and continued with my breakfast. After breakfast we headed out for the game. It took a while to reach it. I was really confused, all that was here were some tall grass, hills, and a manky old boot. 

"This is a boot." I said. 

"Your powers of observation continue to serve you well!" I could always rely on Remedy's sarcasm. I just gave her a look and she gave me a smile right back."Joy, it's a port key " she explained that it takes you to a different places using a charm. We lied down on the ground and grabbed the boot. All of a sudden we were spinnig faster and faster. Then we were falling. Remedy and I landed on the ground with a thud. I couldnt find my Aunt. 

"Aunt Mary! Aunt Mary!" I was starting to panic. I looked up and saw her coming from the sky with much more grace than Remedy and I. We walked towards the crowd of people, found our tents and settled in. Remedy and I took a short nap.

When we woke up I got ready for the game. I might have over done it with the team spirit but I was excited. And if that means having a clover on my cheek then so be it. My aunt bought me a green and silver flag. The walk to the Quidditch pit was long and required the use of a lot of stairs. On our way to our own private box, we ran into that Malfoy boy again.

He began talking to Remedy. He was always talking to her in such a harsh way. His face was always scrunched up, he constanly looked angry for some reason. I stood next to Remedy until she stepped in front of me. I took a step back. He looked over at me his grey eyes softened when he met my stare. I swalled a strange lump in my throat. He broke our stare and his eyes imediately turned cold again.

"Come Draco." A tall man with long hair the same white blond color as him.

"Hello, Lucious." My aunt had caught up to us. This was getting awkward. I could tell my aunt wasn't a fan of this man.

"Mary." His voice was full of spite.

"I see you've met my niece and her friend." She turned to face me. "Why dont you two go up to the box while I talk to Lucious." We turned around and got to our box. The game was incredible. The Irish took home the win this year. We ran into the Weasley family on our way back to our tent. We were laughing and singing. Suddenly Mr Weasley came in and stopped us. 

"Shhh, All of you this is serious." He turned to my aunt and I stood there looking at my aunt. I walked over to Remedy. 

"You two stay together. Get back to the port key and leave!" Remedy grabs my hand and we try to fight the crowd. We stop to catch our breath but, before we could take off again someone grabs Remedy. She screams. I grab her arm again and try to pull her away. Then the man that has ahold of Remedy falls to the ground. I see my aunt standing behind him with her wand up. 

"Run" she says to us. I grab Remedy's hand and pull. We make it back to the port key. The rest of the summer was weird. Remedy wouldn't talk about that night. My aunt stayed at work longer.

Packing was very quiet and so was the drive to King Cross Station. We said our goodbyes to my aunt and crossed to the platform. Pertida, my owl, was getting bigger and she had started delevoping a strong hate towards Remedy and I cant figure out why. On the train we sat with my friends Rose and Dana. The ride to Hogwarts was pretty quiet. Everyone had heard about what happened the night of the World Cup. Remedy left for a long time. While she was gone, the trolley came by. I bought her some Bertie Bott's every flavored beans. She was weird for liking them cosidering the one she told me to try tased like soap. I bought a pumpkin pastry. Now those are good.