Detention

A few days had passed since the first task and classes returned to normal. Today was our Defense Against the Dark Arts class with Moody. Moody had us practicing the Imperious curse on each other. We separated into partners. Remedy and I were partners and since Rose had been ditching classes, unfortunately, Dana got paired with Draco. Moody put all of us next to each other.

"So", Malfoy sneered "Who wants me to make this mudblood dance?" Malfoy's friends snickered to themselves. I felt the anger boil inside me.

"Shut up, Malfoy." I wasn't really planning on saying that but it slipped out anyway. He only glanced at me then turned to stare at Remedy.

"Maybe I should make her do something worse." He raised his eyebrows. I felt my jaw tighten and looked away.

"Malfoy leave her alone before I get Moody and have him turn you into a ferret again." Remedy says casually. The people around us began to laugh and Malfoy turned extremely pink. He pulls the curse off of Dana and she falls to her knees I go over to help her back up. Malfoy turns his wand on Remedy.

"Mimble Wimble." Malfoy mutters. Remedy's tongue stretched until it was tied in a knot. My jaw slightly dropped. All the Slytherins started laughing. I stood up and pointed my wand at the back of Draco.

"Filpendo!" The spell came from my mouth. Wait, what? I did that? Draco squeals and hits the ground with a thud.

"What the hell is going on here?" I hear Moody's voice and my eyes grew large. Remedy stands up with her hand over her mouth. "Whats wrong with you?" Moody asked Remedy. We look at each other and shake our heads.

"Tongue tieing curse." Hermione chimes in. Good god cant she mind her buissness?

"Who did it?" Moody is pretty angry now.

"Malfoy..." Hermione says quietly.

"Ferret boy! Get up! Come here!" he shouts to Draco who is spread out on the floor on the opposite side of the room. He gets up and stumbles over to Professor Moody. Malfoy has a look of disgust as he passes all of us. I swallow a lump in my throat. Moody looks at Hermione. "What happened to him?"

Hermione looks at me and I shake my head. Please no...

"Knockback jinx.. " she says quietly.

"And casted by?" Moody gives her an evil look. Although it's rather hard for Moody to not look evil.

"Um... Joy..." she says quietly. I close my eyes and put my head down. There it was. I'm in so much trouble.

"Miss Felton, is this true?" Moody shouts at me and I jump a little.

"Well, Professor... um." I had no idea what to say.

"Did you or did you not cast the knockback jinx on Mr. Malfoy?!"

"Yes Professor, I did, but thats only because-"

"Miss Felton! I do not care how it happened or why, ten points from Hufflepuff, ten points from Slytherin, and ten points from Ravenclaw!" He screamed. "And I hope that you two can settle your differences in detention tonight! I would give it to Miss Mannings here, but she'll be spending the night in the Hospital Wing!" I have to spend the entire night with Malfoy. Thankfully there will be a teacher there. Or I'm pretty sure he would kill me.

After dinner in The Great Hall I went to go see Remedy in the Hospital Wing. Her mouth was somewhat numb and her tongue was back to normal length. We talked for a long time and it was really very entertaining to hear her talk until, it was time for me to go.

"I better hurry or I'm going to be late for detention with Mad Eye." I smiled at my best friend and stood.

"Joy wait! Be careful." I looked at her with a confused smile.