Diagon Alley

Tiny authors note....    If you  also read Ravenclaw Unwanted by Embellamy_Howard  you will find something very interesting......  ;P

P.S.  I have really kinda modernized it. Sorry if that's  what you hate but, it is what it is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up the next morning to the sunlight pouring into my bedroom windows.  It's super annoying how sunlight does that.  Well there's no use in just lying here like a lump. I got up and went into the  bathroom. I found a note taped to my mirror.

Dear Joy,

I have left to go and pick up a few things at the market. I'll be back at 10. You had better be ready by the time I get back.

Love,

Aunt Mary

Oh great our trip to degen alley or what ever it's called.  Ehh, I have plenty of time to get ready. I mean it's only 9:52!! Oh bloddy hell! I need to hurry!  I can't believe I slept in this late!!! My aunt is going to murder me!! I jumped in the shower barely able to condition my hair. I got out,  dried my hair, straighted it, and got dressed. I put on a light purple skirt, a white v-neck long sleeve shirt, and my old black converse. I LOVE converse!!! I have about 10 pairs of converse. I admit, I  have a  really bad problem. Once I was done putting my headband on, my earrings in, and my mother's wedding ring that I wear around my neck on a chain. I grabbed the envelope from my desk. I raced down stairs. I sat on the couch in the exact  same spot that my aunt told me I was a witch only just the night before  and thought back to it until I looked at the clock and saw that it was already 10:13. What the hell? Dang it!! I hate it when she does this to me! I was about to call her when she came through the front door. Well forget that idea.

"So sorry I'm late love. I ran into an old friend at the market." She said as she walked into the kitchen completely ignoring my evil smirk.

"It's fine I've been up for hours."

"Yeah ok, I only left at 9:30."

"Poop, that fell through a deep dark hole. Ok so... when are we going to that place? You know, that place that you were talking about."

"Oh, yes!! My we have a lot of shopping to do for your school supplies!"

"Yay!" I said sarcastically. I hate shopping for school supplies. It's down right boring. We grabbed our coats and started off down the street.

"Where exactly are we going?" I asked confused.

"The Leaky Cauldron love. Here take your list!" I looked down at the things on my list.

Uniform

1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)

2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear

3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupils' clothes should carry name tags

Course Books

All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Monster Book of Monsters

Unfogging the Future by Cassandra Vablatsy

Intermediate Transfiguration 

The Standard Book of Spells: Grade Three

Other Equipment 

1 wand

1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)

1 set of glass or crystal phials

1 telescope

1 set of brass scales

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad 

"The leacky what?" This list had some really strange stuff. Like, a toad, a robe, weird book titles, and a... cauldren.

"Cauldron. That's where we can get into Diagon Alley."

All I could do was wait until we got there I suppose.... meanwhile I just fidgeted with the zipper on my jacket. I recognized the street we were on. We were still in London, I must have been down on this street a billion times, why had I never noticed that ratty old little pub. I mean it stuck out like a sore thumb. Aunt Mary walked right in the door. I followed, as soon as I walked in I could hear almost everyone greeting my Aunt like she was the queen or something. I soon got lost in the huge crowd surrounding her. Then I heard her call my name and I found her. I went over to the side wall with a door right in the middle of it. I just stared at her. I was so nervous and scared.  She opened the door and on the other side was a brick wall.

"A brick wall?" I said. "Are you serious? I knew this was all a joke."

"Love it's a secret wall. It's like a lock on a door."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Hehe...hee...yeah."

"Just watch."

I watched intently as she pressed on a certain combination of bricks and they started to turn and disappear. Then there it was. Diagon Alley.