Version 3 Chapter 20

Originally Published: Late 2014

Authoress's Note: WOW THIS CHAP IS LONG HAHAHA NOPENOPENOPE.

Anywho! Caius Ballad is in the multimedia box, because why not.

Below in the comments you will notice a series of links that y'all should click on AFTER you're done reading!

I have so many people I wish I could dedicate this chap to, but I really have to give it to Hearthlet! She's so sweet, and I love when people just message me about my story I could babble for days! If you guys ever need explanation on any of the characters or any questions (that don't spoil anything) feel free to comment or message me! Votes and comments are loved as always <3

I'm getting out of your way now! Enjoy the chappy! :) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

It was early morning when you finally woke up, at least that was the impression you got from the soft sunlight streaming in through your window.

Wait my window...? 

You opened your eyes and sat up.  Let's see... I just remember... Flashes of the dark cave, a bright blue light, the feeling of my heart racing, Lightning, Vanille, Toshiro... I opened the portal from Baron to Mysidia... And then I ended up collapsing into Toshiro's arms.

While you were busy piecing together last night's events, a dry voice interrupted your inner monologue.

"Glad to see you're awake."

"Toshiro!" You turned to see the white haired male, sitting beside the bed you were laying in. "Give a girl a heads up." You let out a sigh of relief. Was he really sitting there the whole time? For someone with aura abilities you were certainly terrible at sensing when someone was right beside you.

"How do you feel?" He ignored your rambling completely, classic Toshiro- always cool as an ice cube.

"Oh don't worry I feel fine!"

I must have freaked him out when I passed out into his arms yesterday. Sorry to scar you for life, Toshiro.

"That's good." 

There was a quiet period of time where you were just looking around the room. It looked a lot like the one you remembered staying at with all the Deorcyness students. Everything was made of wood, and it had that kind of coziness and warmth that the city couldn't offer- like the fresh flowers sitting by your window or the light scent of homemade potpourri filling the room. Silence settled between you and Toshiro, and neither of you were ready to break it.

A question popped into your head and you blurted it out, "Were you taking care of me this whole time?" You were happy to kill the silence, frankly it was getting stifling.

Toshiro turned his head away indignantly, crossing his arms over his chest as he did so. "O-of course not I just stopped by!" He stood from the stool he was sitting on and moved toward the door.

Did I do something wrong?

 You blinked innocently, he moved quickly away from you.

"Are you friends with that girl Rhyme by any chance?" His back was to you, standing by the door.

"I am, why do you ask?" This morning was already pretty strange.

"She fainted yesterday night."

If you weren't wide awake before then you certainly were now.

"What?! Why?" You threw the thin blanket off of your body and hopped out of bed. You ran over to him and then turned him around to face you, shaking his shoulders ever so slightly in your panic.